re-broke tib fib will i ever ride again?

tomm55x
12/10/2015 4:30am
You may have to wait for a year or so to pass by, bones need time to heal up and get stronger and it can take a long long time,especially the ankle. Just take care of yourself and forget about riding anything for a good long while. It sux but you need to stay off the the bike. Let yourself completely heal and have faith that you will be able to rip again. People have come back from worse injuries but in order to do so you need strong bones and ligaments and more than anything time.
12/10/2015 6:26am
Ohh my a year Sad I was hoping to be back on the road within 3 months, the off road part can wait a year but my bike is my only form of transport, so I was thinking with some really rigid boots and a reasonably light bike I might be alright quite soon. I'm now sat in the local fracture clinic waiting to have my stitches out and cast changed. I'm going to ask about all this and I'm hoping for good news... Was thinking with physio and eating right etc I could be back on within a few months. I'm starting to realise this is totally unrealistic, what do you think? Thankyou for your reply !! Smile
motoman_578
12/11/2015 12:42am
Which leg left or right I don't thing I saw which side it was.
As for leg injuries and getting back into a bike it's really up to you and how much you actually want it.
I am an amputee because of a motocross crash I had when I was 16yr old (I'm 29 now) if was in March 03 when the accident happened and my leg was finally amputated in June of 03 because of infection and over all pretty well destroyed my leg cut off circulation all kinds of fun stuff. I received my first prosthetic in September 03 and was back on the motocross bike by end of September 03 so it's really up to how much you want it. My accident was on my left leg(shift side) I ise no modifications to my bikes to ride I just learned how to do it with any bike I want to ride. Normally healing the shifter to shift up step down to shift down.
In all reality of the bones heal up enough you should be able to ride as for the ankle injury its really up to which leg it is that will determine what you're going to need to do to be able to ride
12/11/2015 1:10am
Its my left leg, same as you.. I've had 5 operations now and had a bit of bone transplanted into my ankle, so long as that marries up with my bone it could be just 10 weeks until I can start tryin to walk again.. The only thing I don't want to do is damage myself further, but a good set of boots should keep it solid and rigid. So I should think I will be back on within 12 weeks, which is really really good news. I asked my consultant yesterday and he agrees its possible. Your a credit to us all mate , I could never stop riding no matter what. I don't even know why, its my passion and it was my grandads too, I ride in memory of him and the friends I've lost I guess.. And I know I would be exactly the same as you. My mum hates it but I just couldn't ever stop. Thankyou very much for your reply pal

The Shop

12/11/2015 3:29am
Cheer up mate, you will be OK. Laying there with broken bones, it may seem bad, but eventually you will heal up. Just do what some of the others on here are recommending and that is don't ride again too soon. Personally, i would wait until everything was fully healed, get fit, get as many screws and plates removed while keeping fit and letting everything heal again, and then get on a bike. I was out 18 months with an elbow that the surgeon didn't think he could put back together again (14 breaks, plates, screws, dislocated, ripped open and filled with dirt etc...) I completed the above, did 5 one armed push ups in front of the surgeon on my new elbow and now i ride again... just takes time....

Post a reply to: re-broke tib fib will i ever ride again?

The Latest