RALLENDUDE

mxer993
7/27/2009 10:16am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 11:56am
Ricky was involved in an accident while racing yesterday. From what I understand he collided with another rider in the air coming over a table top. Please pray for Ricky and his family. They were to do another CT scan this morning, however, I do not the results of those yet. I will post more when I have more information.

Just got back from the hospital. The top trauma doctor at Baptist (he comes very highly recommended) saw Ricky about an hour ago. He says Ricky has VERY serious injuries but that there is a good chance he will recover without needing surgery.

Ricky has very extenisve injuries. He broke 5 or 6 ribs, his collarbone, his T-1 vertebrae, and his shoulder is messed up as well. He has a punctured lung and has two chest tubes in and is on a ventilator.

Rachel has plenty of family their with her at the hospital and several motocross families as well.

It looks like Ricky may be in the hospital in Montgomery for a week to 10 days at this point.

I will try to keep everyone updated as his condition changes.

Ricky, God Bless you man - we're all praying for you and your family.

Tom B.
|
mxer993
7/28/2009 10:06am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:10am
Update as of last night, he is doing better they have taken his oxygen down to 10% and told us he also has a broken scapula on the left side. Basically his whole left side is broken but his airway seems to be healed and they are going to attempt to get him of the ventilator today. They were a little concerned about a fever he started running but more than likely its because of all those broken bones,(T1 vertibrae,scapula,collarbone,ribs#2,3,4,5,6,7,8,& a punctured lung). He will be sore for a while , we will try and keep updated. Thanks again
flarider
7/29/2009 5:40am
That suks
mxer993
7/29/2009 8:09am
Heres another update on Ricky,

He has some numbness in his left arm but can move it, that may have something to do with the T1 fracture but the Dr. seems amazed at his progress so far. We are going back tomorrow and will update when we can, its a long way from home to Montgomery so updates are few but we do it when possible.

Went to see Ricky last night. He looked amazingly good for his condition. He is in a lot of pain and won't take hardly any pain medication - that is one tough dude!

He had progressed from wanting a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to a steak by the time we got there. Rachael said, "Now that's my husband!"

Ricky was still a little disoriented but wanted to talk and immediately stuck out his hand to shake mine. It was really nice to see him looking so well and up and alert. The last few days were really scary.

Adam Pinkard was there when we went by last night as many in the motocross family always do. I know there have been a host of others that have rallied to the side of Ricky and his family. And 10 times as many have called.....

I know Ricky and his family are grateful for the love, support and prayers.

The fact that is completely off the vent, breathing on his own, won't need surgery and is strong enough to refuse most of the pain meds they are offering (and he needs) is truly a miracle given the serverity of his injuries.

Hang in there Ricky!

Tom B
Scotty
8/4/2009 1:13am
What a bummer.. Hope he heals up soon. Keep us posted on his progress

The Shop

rallendude
8/4/2009 3:22am
Hey guys. Thanks for the well wishes. Thanks Tina for the updates here.

It was a very rough week. I actually felt better yesterday being at home but kinda backed up a little in my condition. As of now, I'm just trying to keep my lungs expanded fully and let all the broken bones heal.
mxer993
8/5/2009 6:51pm
Ricky, That's not a problem. We are glad that you are home now. We will continue to pray for you and your family during your recovery.
rickey45
5/16/2011 12:24am
flarider wrote:
That suks
i think bike riders are mad & they don't love with his life because they riding rudely .

Aquariums

Post a reply to: RALLENDUDE

The Latest