How dangerous is this sport really?

6/24/2016 10:51am
Sure he'll probably come away with some injuries here and there. But here's the thing... He's more likely to get "seriously" injured by riding a motorcycle in everyday traffic situations on the road than you are to race in a closed track setting. Let's face it, you can break your neck just falling down the porch steps... Bottom line, if he's wearing the proper protective gear and going within his limits he'll most likely be fine.

Best of Luck!
Turbojez
7/8/2016 2:10am
I'm with Kyle on this one. Your boyfriend WILL crash and get hurt from time to time but isn't that a risk anybody who gets up from his couch takes? Just make sure he won't be cheap on safety gear. Support him as he supports you, and if you want him to be happy never, ever make him choose between you and racing. I think people like to overexagerate as to how dangerous our sport really is.

On a side note, my girlfriend is into horse riding/jumping which I find concerning from time to time, but I would never try to prevent her from doing it. Same with her attitude towards my riding, and I think it's a huge part of our relationship.
Brit7
7/13/2016 9:30am
Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it. I guess I'm just overreacting.

Post a reply to: How dangerous is this sport really?

The Latest