Broken tib fib

Edited Date/Time 7/26/2015 10:39pm
So it finally happened broke my leg at a race 2 weekends ago. Got unlucky lost my line and stuck my foot inbetween 2 trees on the side of the trail. After a week of pain and being in a cast I got a titanium rod inserted to hold me together. Has anyone had the surgery and know how long it takes to recover from? I've been out of work a week and already scared about losing my funds/ and accounts. Just need to walk I'll figure out the rest?
|
The Rock
7/26/2015 10:39pm
I had three screws for my spiral tib fracture and the injury left me with a hole that needed to fill in.....in my leg. The hole in my head is irreparable. :-) seriously I was on crutches for longer than you want to know.

Given the rod you got things look good for a shorter recovery. Drink plenty of water, take your meds before you are in pain and do not over do it on the early weeks. You can push it in rehab but listen to your ortho. Sorry you are having to deal with this.

Don't carry ANYTHING until you've been off your crutches for awhile. I made the mistake of just carry a few grocery items up my stairs today I got off my crutches . Bad move. I woke up the next morning IN agony and had to use my crutches for 2 more weeks. Not fun after thinking I was finished with my crutches.
7/21/2016 9:20pm
I broke my tib and fib took me 10 weeks but that was with no rods or plates so shouldn't take as long as mine did
Tazao
7/23/2016 3:43pm
It all depends on how bad you broke it. I broke mine 8 weeks ago (the day before Christian Craig) but mine was pretty bad. The fib broke in 3 places and tib in 2. The worst part is the tib came through the skin a fair amount. I weigh 220 lbs so my doc has been conservative on my recovery (didnt let me put weight on it for a lomg time). I try to cycle several times a week for 30 to 45 mins to accelerate the recovery, and I just got permission to place 60lbs on the broken leg. I'll be another 3 to 4 weeks before i can walk without assistance.

Post a reply to: Broken tib fib

The Latest