Acl/ligament tears

Collin197
11/26/2011 11:24am Edited Date/Time 5/2/2016 7:51pm
What are some of your storys/experiences?
|
yamadogyz
2/8/2013 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2013 2:54pm
I tore up some ligaments in my left knee that took about a month to heal. never went to the doctor though, it hurt and was really swollen a long time. i jumped, scrubbed poorly and got my leg hooked on the ground bad
Kawisrok
6/29/2015 8:34am
I destroyed the meniscus in my left knee over 10 months ago. It's been the worst injury experience for me. It took 3 months before I could walk without crutches or a cane, 6 months before I could climb stairs without help. Right now at the 10 month mark I'm about 50% of normal knee operation. The worst part is it was a simple, very slow speed rhythm section where the back end of the bike started swapping ends on me and I just stuck my leg out in reaction and straight legged it into the face of a small bump, heard a loud pop and that was that, I couldn't hold my weight on my leg at all. No pain what so ever, until now. Now the healing process I fell pain. Also, my right leg has become very sore and my back has blown out for making up for my weak left leg. Oh how I wished I would've just snapped that leg bone!
Moto_Matt
5/2/2016 7:51pm
I blew out the ACL, on my right knee. Blasted through a fresh set of whoops on a 1989 YZ 250 back in the day. Did the surgery at the time, with Timothy Floyd. The doctor who came up with the patella tendon cut with bone on each end. They drill through both femur & tibia, then run that piece of patella tendon through; making a new ACL tendon. I have to say, it's much stronger then my left knee. Was in my 20ties when that happened, still riding strong at 49. Just did an A/C separation to my left shoulder, two weeks ago. So, I'm on the injured list as well. Get the knee fixed if it's at all possible. You'll be glad you did, it's pretty safe surgery now days. Also, the meniscus can be repaired at the same time. Start drinking glucosamine, it will help your joints smooth out. Best of luck buddy!

Post a reply to: Acl/ligament tears

The Latest