some will relate.Fun with CL scammers (Nigeria)

zippy895
Edited Date/Time 2/26/2015 6:57am
|
2/20/2015 6:51pm
That is funny. What was their whole plan with the scam? Send you extra money and want some 'change' then have access to your account?
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
2/22/2015 5:47am
That is funny. What was their whole plan with the scam? Send you extra money and want some 'change' then have access to your account?
They write a bad check over paying for the bike, have you deposit it and withdraw x amount for moving fees and wire it to them. By the time you realize the check bounced you have ready payed their "fees" through money gram with your own cash
PDiddy241
2/25/2015 2:56pm
I am selling my bike and one of the interested buyers must be a Nigerian prince too… here’s our text message conversation:

From SCAMMER: Guess is still in a Good Condition?

From ME: Better-than-new condition

SCAMMER: Am ok with the price and the condition so let me have the full address zipcode of where it is,I want to forward it to my transport company to calculate how much it will cost me for the pickup.because i will not be able to come and see it due to my work thanks

ME: Full address: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC 20500

SCAMMER: Ok,i have forwarded your Zipcode to my transport company and am okay with the transport charges also, they charge $1,200,think we can have a very good business now, hope you have a paypal account ? thanks

ME: Commander-In-Chief-USofA@hotmail.com - would that work?

SCAMMER: what is your paypal email address

ME: That email address above - my friends call me POTUS but I like Commander-In-Chief - it sounds more powerful

SCAMMER: send me the email used for the registration with PayPal so i can pay in.Await your response.. Thanks !!

ME: Can you mail me a check to the 1600 Pennsylvania Ave address instead? Then I will contact your shipping company (they have a very good business) to arrange overnight delivery?

SCAMMER: I insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking and i can't go to the bank due to the nature of my job, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your paypal email address so i can make the payments asap

ME: You don't have Internet banking?! You should probably switch banks ASAP! Can you send me a pre-paid American Express credit card (I prefer AMEX since it works at Costco) for $5,495 plus $1,200 for shipping ($6,695 total) and then I will use your shipping company to send you the motorcycle?

SCAMMER: i can only make the payment via paypal

ME: I am a good man of business and believe you would enjoy this motorcycle a great deal and believe that there must be another way to take your payment. Have you ever used Apple Pay?

SCAMMER: no i always use paypal

ME: What about Google Wallet?

SCAMMER: i can only make the payment via paypal i think you can get an account with paypal

ME: Have you ever considered that only accepting PayPal limits your clientele? Have ever heard of Bitcoin?

SCAMMER: that is what i want ok paypal only

ME: Well, what about what I want? I am the person getting the money! Can't you ever think of my needs?!

SCAMMER: I insisted on paypal only

ME: That's not good business practice. Most men of business accept money in multiple ways. Can you send me cash through the U.S. Postal service? It is quite secure.

SCAMMER: Nope

ME: Darn. What about if I give you my bank account number and routing number? Could you wire me the money?

........ delay ........

ME: Hello, are you there? I would really like to sell this motorcycle to you and have it shipped to you...

no response!

He/she/they actually texted me a few days later to ask if I’d set up a PayPal account yet… This has happened to me multiple times at work so I’ve had fun sending ridiculous messages back and forth.

The Shop

scooter5002
2/25/2015 4:30pm
I was already lmfao at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, it only got better, nice work.
Redrcr34
2/25/2015 5:23pm
PDiddy241 wrote:
I am selling my bike and one of the interested buyers must be a Nigerian prince too… here’s our text message conversation: From SCAMMER: Guess is...
I am selling my bike and one of the interested buyers must be a Nigerian prince too… here’s our text message conversation:

From SCAMMER: Guess is still in a Good Condition?

From ME: Better-than-new condition

SCAMMER: Am ok with the price and the condition so let me have the full address zipcode of where it is,I want to forward it to my transport company to calculate how much it will cost me for the pickup.because i will not be able to come and see it due to my work thanks

ME: Full address: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC 20500

SCAMMER: Ok,i have forwarded your Zipcode to my transport company and am okay with the transport charges also, they charge $1,200,think we can have a very good business now, hope you have a paypal account ? thanks

ME: Commander-In-Chief-USofA@hotmail.com - would that work?

SCAMMER: what is your paypal email address

ME: That email address above - my friends call me POTUS but I like Commander-In-Chief - it sounds more powerful

SCAMMER: send me the email used for the registration with PayPal so i can pay in.Await your response.. Thanks !!

ME: Can you mail me a check to the 1600 Pennsylvania Ave address instead? Then I will contact your shipping company (they have a very good business) to arrange overnight delivery?

SCAMMER: I insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking and i can't go to the bank due to the nature of my job, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your paypal email address so i can make the payments asap

ME: You don't have Internet banking?! You should probably switch banks ASAP! Can you send me a pre-paid American Express credit card (I prefer AMEX since it works at Costco) for $5,495 plus $1,200 for shipping ($6,695 total) and then I will use your shipping company to send you the motorcycle?

SCAMMER: i can only make the payment via paypal

ME: I am a good man of business and believe you would enjoy this motorcycle a great deal and believe that there must be another way to take your payment. Have you ever used Apple Pay?

SCAMMER: no i always use paypal

ME: What about Google Wallet?

SCAMMER: i can only make the payment via paypal i think you can get an account with paypal

ME: Have you ever considered that only accepting PayPal limits your clientele? Have ever heard of Bitcoin?

SCAMMER: that is what i want ok paypal only

ME: Well, what about what I want? I am the person getting the money! Can't you ever think of my needs?!

SCAMMER: I insisted on paypal only

ME: That's not good business practice. Most men of business accept money in multiple ways. Can you send me cash through the U.S. Postal service? It is quite secure.

SCAMMER: Nope

ME: Darn. What about if I give you my bank account number and routing number? Could you wire me the money?

........ delay ........

ME: Hello, are you there? I would really like to sell this motorcycle to you and have it shipped to you...

no response!

He/she/they actually texted me a few days later to ask if I’d set up a PayPal account yet… This has happened to me multiple times at work so I’ve had fun sending ridiculous messages back and forth.
Fu@@ing awesome
barkhard696
2/26/2015 6:03am
RIGHTEOUS!

Rick Sieman of the editor of Dirt Bike "Super Hunky" fame of the 80s used to have an online column called, "Don't Ask" -- which of course, was folks writing him to ask about bike set up, etc.

Rick had a very similar exchange with one of these scammers -- it was hilarious.

Good stuff, sir!
2/26/2015 6:57am
There must be millions of people involved in developing, engineering, executing and following up these scams in every country in the world. I am in Australia and the home phone never stops ringing from scammers. Its Windows calling to clean your PC... i have had to disconnect it. Also, whenever you try to sell something, you have to decipher and filter the scammers from the real potential customers. Its just getting beyond a joke. Unfortunately, not every one is savvy to their deceitful ways and they catch enough victims to continue this new industry.

Post a reply to: some will relate.Fun with CL scammers (Nigeria)

The Latest