VRP alu Frame CR 125

10/29/2015 1:31am Edited Date/Time 11/2/2015 10:48pm
For SALE:

one rare VRP alu frame ( one to only 12 made in 80') for CR 125 89/90/91/92/93/94 model year

Make offer

Thanks

|
11/1/2015 1:19pm
This is a piece of mx history. I'm sure I don't have the cash to buy it but could you let us know what it sells for? If I remember correctly this was $3500 in 1990.
luckynino
11/2/2015 7:11am
It's for sure big money!

But you have to remember that only 12 pcs. got ever made and i know of only 2 complete VRP bikes at the moment. They are even more exotic than full works machinery Wink

As exotic as they are...it was a very special moment to have them both at the same race this summer:

The Shop

uk125250
11/2/2015 12:34pm
What's it like to ride?
luckynino
11/2/2015 1:20pm
uk125250 wrote:
What's it like to ride?
I remember at the time it was a completely different feel. The aluminium chassis was so much stiffer than the stock cromoly frame. The same suspension would work much better with this frame, the bike tracked straight while the stocker was going "everywhere".
I was actually surprised to see how good it was when i raced it about 2 months ago. I expected a big shock and twitchy forks and awkward feel but not so! It actually felt really good even by todays standard ! I missed a oversize brake rotor in the front and a flatter saddle but other than that....i was feeling great. No problems at all.

It really showed me that todays machinery hasn't evolved all that much. I was really feeling comfortable at speed and had no problems to throw that old beauty around. On the other hand it also showed me how much of an advantage i had back then Wink

The aluminium chassis was not lighter! Everyone asks about the weight when it actually was about the rigidity of the chassis. And it really made a big difference!

Old picture of mine back in '89:
uk125250
11/2/2015 2:21pm
luckynino wrote:
I remember at the time it was a completely different feel. The aluminium chassis was so much stiffer than the stock cromoly frame. The same suspension...
I remember at the time it was a completely different feel. The aluminium chassis was so much stiffer than the stock cromoly frame. The same suspension would work much better with this frame, the bike tracked straight while the stocker was going "everywhere".
I was actually surprised to see how good it was when i raced it about 2 months ago. I expected a big shock and twitchy forks and awkward feel but not so! It actually felt really good even by todays standard ! I missed a oversize brake rotor in the front and a flatter saddle but other than that....i was feeling great. No problems at all.

It really showed me that todays machinery hasn't evolved all that much. I was really feeling comfortable at speed and had no problems to throw that old beauty around. On the other hand it also showed me how much of an advantage i had back then Wink

The aluminium chassis was not lighter! Everyone asks about the weight when it actually was about the rigidity of the chassis. And it really made a big difference!

Old picture of mine back in '89:
Very cool. I did assume the bike was substantially lighter.
luckynino
11/2/2015 10:48pm
uk125250 wrote:
Very cool. I did assume the bike was substantially lighter.
No-as mentioned everyone believes it was about lighter weight but that wasn't the case. But it was much stiffer than the stock Cromoly frame and this translated in a much better feel/ride.

Earlier this year i weighed my '90 VRP together with my ultralight 125AF. While my tuned AF 125 came out below the minimum weight for 125s the VRP weighed 95 Kilos (same as a stocker back then).

verified 95 kilos (209,5 lbs)

Post a reply to: VRP alu Frame CR 125

The Latest