2009 KTM 950 Super Enduro

bigborefan
7/10/2015 1:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2015 3:12pm
2009 KTM 950 Super Enduro - Erzberg Edition

11667 miles - $8500.00

Located in Central IL

katoomzoom58@yahoo.com

I am the third owner of this bike. It had 1001 miles on it when I bought it three years ago. First owner put 700 miles on it, second owner did 301. Second owner bought it to ride trails two up with his wife but didn't really like it for that. First owner is an eccentric who buys and sells lots of motorcycles. I know the complete history of the bike. It was originally sold by AJAX Kasawaski/KTM in OKC. Then they took it on trade from the first owner, and sold it to the second owner. I bought it direct from the second owner. I did a fly and ride from OKC to Champaign IL when I bought it. In a moto helmet. My neck still hurts.

It's a pretty stock, really clean, unmolested example of an SE. Looks better in person than in the pictures. Scouts honor.

Farkles:

Leo Vince Exhaust - Ceramic coated by HPC in OKC. In fact, the entire exhaust is coated. I didn't like the looks at first, but it really cuts the heat.
Pro Jet Kit - It's nice and fat, runs well. Could probably be leaned a little to up the MPG.
Black Dog Rear Luggage Plate
Black Dog Kick Stand Relocator
KTM 690 Touring Screen
KTM Folding Mirrors
Wolfman Luggage Racks - Not currently installed

I have changed the oil and filter every 3000 miles. It has a fresh OEM air filter and EBC rear brake pads. Chain and sprockets have good life left in them. Battery is one year old I think. I can dig up the records if need be. It could use tires. But that's a given, KTM tires are always worn out for some reason. For the asking price I'll install the tires of your choice, I prefer Dunlop Rally Raid 908s, or we can negotiate on price.

Before you ask why am I selling, I have a 950 ADV sitting right beside the SE. I live in Central IL, aka Dual Sport Hell, flat, paved, flat roads through the flat corn fields for the most part. The ADV does anything I need it to do. Plus it has a few advantages over the SE.

I'm not going to try and sell anyone on an SE, you either want one or you don't. And not all suitors are qualified to own one. It's an elitist motorcycle, like a BMW, only more elite. It's the most impractical motorcycle made. It's a lousy street bike, not enough range, no wind protection, limited cargo capacity. It's a lousy dirt bike, after all who needs a 950CC V-Twin dirt bike, I don't. But if you get it, and you know who you are, I have a nice one.

It's no garage queen, but it looks like one. It has been dirty. I have done massive peel outs, donuts, power-slides, Paris to Dakar rally type maneuvers and jumped a few railroad track crossings, but you'd never know by looking. No single track, I have a KTM 530 for that.

Send me a PM. I'm on here a lot, too much really. And I don't mind talking on the phone, I work from home and get real lonely and love to talk motorcycles.

UPDATE 1

I'd entertain the following trades:

85 crisp $100 bills, US Dollars only
Cashiers Check from Commerce Bank for $8500
KTM 690 Enduro
Husaberg or Husky 501
2008 Husaberg 650FE
Honda CB 1100
KTM 950/990, Blue S, or one I can make money on

UPDATE 2

Someone asked what are the Erzberg updates. As far as I know the following:

Black aluminum anodized clutch cover
Carbon fiber ignition cover
Fork bleeders
Clutch master cylinder Bling Bling, anodized orange
Graphics, Red Bull, gives you wings!

I think all the SEs are the same, 07, 08, 09. Seems like 2009/2010, post 2008 Wall Street bankster fraud meltdown, KTM had to doll up a few models to sell them. I think the Erzberg falls into this category as well as my 2010 530 XC-W Six Days.The Euro Erzberg might have gotten those sweet Akro exhausts.Wish mine had them.

|
nytsmaC
7/10/2015 3:12pm
That's a beautiful bike. Never been a big KTM fan but always wanted one of these.

Post a reply to: 2009 KTM 950 Super Enduro

The Latest