rm 125 clutch problems

Codey15
so i recently bought a rm125 2008 but when i pivked it up it was dark so wasnt able to test ride itSad anyways long story short the clutch isnt working right. im not sure if it is called not engaging or not disengaging.

so when i pull the clutch in when the bike is in gear not started it wont move. and when im riding and want to come to a stop the bike either doesnt stop easily or just stalls with the clutch right in. i have adjusted the lever all over and the cable, i have changed the oil, and the clutch plates a re fine and the clutch basket has no nasty grooves that would affect it!!

really stucvk and would love any help or advice?tips you guys would have towards how to fix it

thanks in advanced
|
GaryC1
6/24/2017 1:58am
What was the play like in the cable before you started adjusting it? When I started riding I made the mistake of taking the free-play out of the clutch cable which caused the clutch to always be engaged slightly and it cooked the plates. Even when I re-adjusted the clutch cable correctly I still had no clutch and the plates looked visually ok. It may be worth starting with new clutch plates and adjusting your clutch cable so you have about a coins worth of slack.
Paw Paw
6/24/2017 6:21pm
The clutch camshaft arm may be worn.

Paw Paw
Codey15
6/24/2017 10:53pm
GaryC1 wrote:
What was the play like in the cable before you started adjusting it? When I started riding I made the mistake of taking the free-play out...
What was the play like in the cable before you started adjusting it? When I started riding I made the mistake of taking the free-play out of the clutch cable which caused the clutch to always be engaged slightly and it cooked the plates. Even when I re-adjusted the clutch cable correctly I still had no clutch and the plates looked visually ok. It may be worth starting with new clutch plates and adjusting your clutch cable so you have about a coins worth of slack.
ok thanks for the help. the play was definatly fine when i got it, i then put it all the way out and vise versa and alsorts of adjustments but no change, so i just adjusted it back to where it was originally.

i may just do that and see if it makes a diffence, and hey what damage can new clutch plates do. cheers
Codey15
6/24/2017 10:54pm
Paw Paw wrote:
The clutch camshaft arm may be worn.

Paw Paw
ill check that out then, cheers

Post a reply to: rm 125 clutch problems

The Latest