Showa TAC Race Tech SCS question

SVT-Cobra
1/6/2017 1:33pm
Do you guys know if/where you can find the spring rate? I have a feeling my suspension guy got the wrong rate for me. I'm bottoming really easily, even on the faces of jumps. I'm not sure how related it is to the spring rate, but I'm also getting some cases where I end up nose down and full on panic rev when the take offs are shorter and steeper. It's never been an issues to get over those booters for me before. Thanks!
|
slipdog
1/6/2017 5:12pm
You want to know what spring rate is in your bike or what rate you should have for your weight?
SVT-Cobra
1/7/2017 12:03am
I want to know what spring rate is in my bike via looking on the spring if it is there or am I SOL and have to buy another one. I've never actually looked at the springs so I don't even know!
slipdog
1/7/2017 6:00am
Depends on the brand of spring. If it's a RT spring the part# and rate is printed on one of the coils, but over time that will eventually wear off from rubbing inside the fork. Some brands use marks in the top coil to indicate the rate and some don't mark them at all. Would assume your invoice would have the spring you purchased on it somewhere as well.
m21racing
1/8/2017 9:09am
I would check preload and rate of the spring. I've done a few, and preload is critical, and done upon assembly. It must be measured.

The Shop

j368
1/8/2017 12:14pm
SVT-Cobra wrote:
Do you guys know if/where you can find the spring rate? I have a feeling my suspension guy got the wrong rate for me. I'm bottoming...
Do you guys know if/where you can find the spring rate? I have a feeling my suspension guy got the wrong rate for me. I'm bottoming really easily, even on the faces of jumps. I'm not sure how related it is to the spring rate, but I'm also getting some cases where I end up nose down and full on panic rev when the take offs are shorter and steeper. It's never been an issues to get over those booters for me before. Thanks!
When the front is nose down that is a sign the rear rebound is too fast or the front is slow. I'd check all clicker settings sometimes the tuners don't put them back to the stock or your position you had them in.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1704th
1/10/2017 1:15pm
j368 wrote:
When the front is nose down that is a sign the rear rebound is too fast or the front is slow. I'd check all clicker settings...
When the front is nose down that is a sign the rear rebound is too fast or the front is slow. I'd check all clicker settings sometimes the tuners don't put them back to the stock or your position you had them in.
Shock rebound being too fast will not "pogo" you off the face like you would think. Your rear wheel doesn't rebound in most cases until it leaves the lip of the jump, which means, it only has air underneath it and nothing to push off of to cause a kick. Take your bike off the stand, push down on the rear and let it go. Notice the back tire doesn't leave the ground?

You are correct that tuners sometimes forget to put clickers back.

Post a reply to: Showa TAC Race Tech SCS question

The Latest