Pre oiled air filters

Sachmo831
I have always bought non oiled filters, but decided to get a no toil oiled filter to save some time. I was surprised to find how little oil was on it. At first I didn't think it had oil at all! So either I have been over oiling my filters, or no toil is pretty stingy with their oil. Pic is after i ended up applying my own oil to it. Over oiled or no? Might be a dumb question but it has me wondering now.

|
pete24
3/23/2017 2:44pm
looks to me that you put petroleum oil on a filter that came with bio oil on it
besides that ive used no toil filters rite out of the bag for years no problems
3/23/2017 3:51pm
Sort of a fine line, light oil will pass more air (more power) but run the chance of passing more dirt. I guess it depends on where you ride/race?
Sachmo831
3/23/2017 9:52pm
pete24 wrote:
looks to me that you put petroleum oil on a filter that came with bio oil on it besides that ive used no toil filters rite...
It appears no toil does use a bio oil. What is the benefit of bio over petroleum? It was not even close to being as tacky as the bel ray stuff I've been using. It makes sense to me that a highly tacky oil would trap more dirt
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
3/23/2017 10:53pm
pete24 wrote:
looks to me that you put petroleum oil on a filter that came with bio oil on it besides that ive used no toil filters rite...
Sachmo831 wrote:
It appears no toil does use a bio oil. What is the benefit of bio over petroleum? It was not even close to being as tacky...
It appears no toil does use a bio oil. What is the benefit of bio over petroleum? It was not even close to being as tacky as the bel ray stuff I've been using. It makes sense to me that a highly tacky oil would trap more dirt
Bio is more environmental friendly. Seems to clean easily too. Less messy.

Their filters are made with bio oil in mind, so when you put petroleum based oils on it, it breaksdown.

The Shop

Rob357
3/24/2017 5:17am
I carry a case of "no Toil" (or similar) ready-oiled filters and install a new one for each race or practice day. I don't wash and re-oil ever as there can be too much inconsistancy from one time another. Maybe its because superminis are sensative, but the engine can act a lot differently depending upon the differing resistance the air has to face going through the filter.
Joe Schmoe
3/24/2017 5:55am
I always liked using those, but for the 17+ Husqvarna, the filter is slightly too large and a good portion of it rests directly up against the inside of the side panel. That's like taping off half of your filter. Pro filter and Twin Air are correctly sized for that bike so I had to switch.
MotoMatt_928
3/30/2017 2:13pm
I have a 16 Husky FC350, and have tried Twin Air, No Toil, and DT1. My honest opinion is that DT1 is the best. Appropriate amount of oil already applied, the back that butts up against the airbox is sticky and does not require grease, and they are appropriately priced.
Hondas4Life3
3/31/2017 8:23am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2017 8:25am
I have used many No-toil pre-oiled filters and I use their oil. The pre-oiled filters seem to always have a spot with more oil than the rest as if it was treated and then stored for a long time. They work great but I do agree they might not have as much oil as they should. However I've never had dirt pass through one of the pre-oiled filters even though they seem to have less oil than if you treat it yourself. The filter is supposed to be saturated then you squeeze out the extra and pat lightly with a shop towel (thats how I do it)
OUMX117
4/4/2017 8:09am
I've used No-Toil oil and filters exclusively for the last 10+ years. You can't beat them when it comes to their dirt-trapping ability. I've ran them in my XC bikes and MX bikes as well and never once had a speck of dirt make it past the filter. I used the "green" no toil now because the filters seem to last longer than with the "red" no toil oil. I can't say enough good stuff about this product. We recommend it to everyone who comes to our shop.
4/5/2017 7:00am
No Toil here also and I LOVE the green stuff which I think is NON flammable or 4 stroke friendly. I MUST WAY OVER OIL because I have it dripping out of my air box at times creating a HUGE mess in the bottom of my air box.

I squeeze it all the way thru the filter from the outside in and then let it sit and dry before installation.
OUMX117
4/5/2017 7:25am
526 wrote:
No Toil here also and I LOVE the green stuff which I think is NON flammable or 4 stroke friendly. I MUST WAY OVER OIL because...
No Toil here also and I LOVE the green stuff which I think is NON flammable or 4 stroke friendly. I MUST WAY OVER OIL because I have it dripping out of my air box at times creating a HUGE mess in the bottom of my air box.

I squeeze it all the way thru the filter from the outside in and then let it sit and dry before installation.
It's happened to me a time or two as well! I end up taking the airbox off and powerwashing everything out of it.

I really can't say enough good stuff about No Toil. I used to run PJ1 and Maxima FFT but I will never ever go back to either of those products. They cost so much more and in my opinion don't do nearly as good of a job. Warm water, a little of the cleaner powder, and boom the filter is bright white and clean again. It takes like 5-10 seconds and you're DONE. I love it.
PFitzG38
4/17/2017 1:18pm
Does anyone recommend No-Toil or has anyone ever heard of them?
GregDVT
4/17/2017 2:43pm
526 wrote:
No Toil here also and I LOVE the green stuff which I think is NON flammable or 4 stroke friendly. I MUST WAY OVER OIL because...

OUMX117 wrote:
It's happened to me a time or two as well! I end up taking the airbox off and powerwashing everything out of it. I really can't...
It's happened to me a time or two as well! I end up taking the airbox off and powerwashing everything out of it.

I really can't say enough good stuff about No Toil. I used to run PJ1 and Maxima FFT but I will never ever go back to either of those products. They cost so much more and in my opinion don't do nearly as good of a job. Warm water, a little of the cleaner powder, and boom the filter is bright white and clean again. It takes like 5-10 seconds and you're DONE. I love it.
I use the no toil and have also had it drip into my air box and make quite a mess, but knowing it is biodegradable makes me feel much less guilty about cleaning them every ride.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
4/17/2017 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2017 6:20pm
2 years .no problems. easy clean stick it back in.

Post a reply to: Pre oiled air filters

The Latest