Ktm 450 tps sensor info

Hey guys I have a 2014 ktm 450 factory edition and somebody on another thread of mine said to get a TPS sensor. But it looks like there is a bit of messing around to do when you get it. What do you need? A multimeter? And could somebody explain it to me? Will do more research when I can as well. But if somebody could explain in layman terms that would be great! Thanks in advance fellas
|
Paw Paw 271
3/20/2017 6:33pm
A TPS is nothing more than an adjustable resistor. This unit alters the voltage through out the rpm range. Most bikes need a reading of about .5-.7 volts at idle and 5 volts at WOT. The service manual will have the exact specs you needs to get it set correctly. It just un plugs and the removal of the screws that hold it in place to be removed to take it off the TB. They will have a notch or tang to line up with the shaft and then it can be adjusted by moving the unit in the slotted mounting screw holes. Just remember that a very small adjustment will make a lot of difference. Less voltage makes it lean and more makes it rich.

Paw Paw

Post a reply to: Ktm 450 tps sensor info

The Latest