Husky/KTM Remapping & *Stumbling Issue*

CSAR FE
Edited Date/Time 6/22/2017 8:44pm
I just purchased a 17 FX450 last week. The exhaust design is retarded and is super restrictive. I was planning on putting a slip-on on it, but it sounds like these bikes come mapped somewhat lean to begin with and I don't want to make it worse unless I can remap it.

What I'm asking is, will it need a remap with the slip-on, and if so, how do you do it? I haven't seen a tuner anywhere. It looks like everyone is just adjusting their TPS, but that seems like a bandaid fix. I'm new to Husky 4-strokes, so please forgive my ignorance. My YZ was a piece of cake to remap.
|
ktm-5
6/19/2017 5:39pm
I have a 16 250sxf and I had Tokyo mods remap our bike to run vp4.1. So that is an option
CSAR FE
6/19/2017 5:55pm
ktm-5 wrote:
I have a 16 250sxf and I had Tokyo mods remap our bike to run vp4.1. So that is an option
Looks like it's the cheapest option at around $100. I don't plan on doing anything else to the engine outside an exhaust so that should be the hot ticket. I'll also be running 50/50 91 octane and VP 110.
ktm-5
6/19/2017 6:25pm
Yes that's the cheapest route unless u went with a Get or vortex ignition. Just tell them what u have going on and they'll take care of u
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
6/19/2017 8:52pm
The guys at Twisted Development have great maps and were helping everyone at Mammoth.

The Shop

Bruce372
6/19/2017 9:51pm
I called Tokyo mods and they said send the box in for $100. It goes off tomorrow so I will see what's u next week.

I have the 2017 fc450. I bought a pipe and swapped the air cleaner to no cage and the bike was a little lean of the bottom and pops in corners.
Bruce372
6/19/2017 9:53pm
I called around a bunch of local dyno shops to get a proper tune but they all wanted $400 and mainly worked on Harleys and crotch rocket and not dirt bikes
Factor E
6/20/2017 11:28am
Try Proven Moto, Race Tech, If you can get a dealer to drop the Euro map in it you'll be good.
CSAR FE
6/20/2017 7:16pm
Factor E wrote:
Try Proven Moto, Race Tech, If you can get a dealer to drop the Euro map in it you'll be good.
What's the deal with the Euro map?
Factor E
6/21/2017 9:21am
The US map is leaner for EPA reasons
CSAR FE
6/21/2017 10:35am
Factor E wrote:
The US map is leaner for EPA reasons
Interesting. I didn't think the EPA would care about the mapping on a closed-course bike.
captmoto
6/21/2017 5:15pm
I think that lean thing is on the FX and FE.
CSAR FE
6/21/2017 5:46pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2017 5:48pm
The FX and the FC are identical with the exception of suspension settings, 18" rear wheel, kickstand, larger tank and low fuel light.

The FEs are plugged up in several different ways (to include a reed cage in the intake), smogged and detuned substantially.
281moto
6/22/2017 7:24am
Set the TPS. You would be surprised how many bikes leave the showroom with the TPS not set where it really needs to be.
captmoto
6/22/2017 9:31am
CSAR FE wrote:
The FX and the FC are identical with the exception of suspension settings, 18" rear wheel, kickstand, larger tank and low fuel light. The FEs are...
The FX and the FC are identical with the exception of suspension settings, 18" rear wheel, kickstand, larger tank and low fuel light.

The FEs are plugged up in several different ways (to include a reed cage in the intake), smogged and detuned substantially.
There you go. There is lots of chatter about remapping when the FE's get uncorked.
When I picked up my FC450, it was on the programmer and the tech is a expert WORCS racer and he said that I had the latest tune in it.
CSAR FE
6/22/2017 8:42pm
I just ordered a TPS tool to hopefully correct an issue I'm having with the bike.

I was doing the break-in ride today and at around 0.7 on the hour meter, the bike would stumble occasionally at slower speeds and seemed to be exacerbated if I was lugging it or if I was in deep sand. If I opened the throttle more, it would sort of bog, but if I rolled off the throttle for a second, then roll back on, it would stop. If I snapped the throttle open, it would flame out. It only did this on occasion and didn't seem to do it much on map 2. I don't have any decel popping issues, but this bike seems to run really hot; much hotter than the YZ it replaced. It did not boil over, however, but I didn't spend much of any time in 1st gear putting around.

I came home, did the oil change at the 1 hour mark and put a new fuel filter in as well. The fuel filter had a small amount of particulate on it, but not enough to cause fuel flow issues. My thought is the TPS needs to be adjusted. I don't want this thing to bog on me in the whoops and put me over the bars. Any thoughts or similar experiences?
Dr. Jekyll
6/22/2017 9:23pm
I purchased a 2017 FC450 a couple weeks ago. On the first ride at about an hour of run time it lean bogged and died.

I took it home and cleaned the fuel filter. The filter did have a small particles in it, but it did not seem like a lot. I also change the oil. The next ride it rode just fine. I think the fuel filter was just clogged
CSAR FE
6/23/2017 6:52pm
Dr. Jekyll wrote:
I purchased a 2017 FC450 a couple weeks ago. On the first ride at about an hour of run time it lean bogged and died. I...
I purchased a 2017 FC450 a couple weeks ago. On the first ride at about an hour of run time it lean bogged and died.

I took it home and cleaned the fuel filter. The filter did have a small particles in it, but it did not seem like a lot. I also change the oil. The next ride it rode just fine. I think the fuel filter was just clogged
I'm going to go run it tomorrow morning. If it gives me fits, it's going back to the dealer.
IceMan446
6/23/2017 9:31pm
CSAR FE wrote:
I just ordered a TPS tool to hopefully correct an issue I'm having with the bike. I was doing the break-in ride today and at around...
I just ordered a TPS tool to hopefully correct an issue I'm having with the bike.

I was doing the break-in ride today and at around 0.7 on the hour meter, the bike would stumble occasionally at slower speeds and seemed to be exacerbated if I was lugging it or if I was in deep sand. If I opened the throttle more, it would sort of bog, but if I rolled off the throttle for a second, then roll back on, it would stop. If I snapped the throttle open, it would flame out. It only did this on occasion and didn't seem to do it much on map 2. I don't have any decel popping issues, but this bike seems to run really hot; much hotter than the YZ it replaced. It did not boil over, however, but I didn't spend much of any time in 1st gear putting around.

I came home, did the oil change at the 1 hour mark and put a new fuel filter in as well. The fuel filter had a small amount of particulate on it, but not enough to cause fuel flow issues. My thought is the TPS needs to be adjusted. I don't want this thing to bog on me in the whoops and put me over the bars. Any thoughts or similar experiences?
Don't run the U4.4 unless its been remapped or you have a GET or Vortex ecu.

Also don't run Chevron gas.
captmoto
6/23/2017 11:09pm
What's wrong with Chevron? I've run Chevron, Arco and Costco gas in my FC with no problems.
mxb2
6/24/2017 4:26am
CSAR FE wrote:
I just ordered a TPS tool to hopefully correct an issue I'm having with the bike. I was doing the break-in ride today and at around...

IceMan446 wrote:

No need for a remap with u4.4,. It def helps. It's made for stock motors. Better choice VP t4,. Cheaper, for all stock also. Renegade mx4 also.
CSAR FE
6/24/2017 11:22am
I think it was just the fuel filter being slightly clogged. The bike ran like a champ today. I'll have to start carrying spares in my tool kit.
CSAR FE
6/24/2017 11:24am
CSAR FE wrote:

IceMan446 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
No need for a remap with u4.4,. It def helps. It's made for stock motors. Better choice VP t4,. Cheaper, for all stock also. Renegade mx4...
No need for a remap with u4.4,. It def helps. It's made for stock motors. Better choice VP t4,. Cheaper, for all stock also. Renegade mx4 also.
I've been running a 50/50 mix of 91 pump gas and VP 110. Runs fine.
Bruce372
7/1/2017 5:58pm
Rode the bike with the Tokyo mods remap. It runs super clean, doesn't flame out and really rips
CSAR FE
7/2/2017 5:30pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Rode the bike with the Tokyo mods remap. It runs super clean, doesn't flame out and really rips
Good to hear. Mine comes back from Tokyo mods with my slip on this week. I'll report back after the first ride with it.
Bruce372
7/2/2017 6:49pm
Bruce372 wrote:
CSAR FE wrote:
Good to hear. Mine comes back from Tokyo mods with my slip on this week. I'll report back after the first ride with it.
If it runs as good as mine. You'll be happy

Post a reply to: Husky/KTM Remapping & *Stumbling Issue*

The Latest