Gloves: TLD Air vs TLD SE Pro vs Deft

VxeR
Hi.
I was searching for solutions to arm pump, and some people said that a tight fitting glove helps. Mines are really baggy so I was looking at those 3 pairs.
What's the difference between Airs and SE pros? Air for hot weather and SE for cold?
How do they perform compared to Deft Family gloves? I've seen mixed reviews on them, most say they're the best gloves they've ever tried and some say they're the worst.
|
4One7
Fantasy
2611th
12/7/2016 10:03am
I have worn strictly these styles/models of gloves for the last 3 or 4 years so I can't really relate directly to reducing or affecting arm pump.I like to have snug gloves and want minimum bunching and slipping in the palm side of the glove, something that is without a lot of ridges, seams, and overlap to help with gripping the bars, and having better feel for my own liking.
Deft family has two different styles, velcro closure or slip on. I prefer the velcro slightly over the slip on just for personal preference when fitting but still have several pairs of each. The palms are all one piece with only a double layer on the inside of the thumb. I do use grip donuts but no problem with blisters. I would say these are my favourite gloves to ride in, snug and no bunching. The TLD Air has a top section material that allows air flow, more than any other glove I've worn. If you have sweaty hands, these are the ones for you. TLD SE Pro is basically the air without as breathable of a top section.
All three pairs are very similar. I wouldn't say that the SE is for cold weather it just doesn't vent/flow as much air into them. I like my Defts just due to the lesser amount of material and fit it of the glove. All three gloves are snug fitting and cut down on the bunching giving myself a better feel for the bars. As far as reducing arm pump, maybe the less bunching cuts down on hand fatigue and in turn arm pump?
If your looking to reduce arm pump, I say more forearms at the gym and better stretching before moto.
VxeR
12/7/2016 11:37am
4One7 wrote:
I have worn strictly these styles/models of gloves for the last 3 or 4 years so I can't really relate directly to reducing or affecting arm...
I have worn strictly these styles/models of gloves for the last 3 or 4 years so I can't really relate directly to reducing or affecting arm pump.I like to have snug gloves and want minimum bunching and slipping in the palm side of the glove, something that is without a lot of ridges, seams, and overlap to help with gripping the bars, and having better feel for my own liking.
Deft family has two different styles, velcro closure or slip on. I prefer the velcro slightly over the slip on just for personal preference when fitting but still have several pairs of each. The palms are all one piece with only a double layer on the inside of the thumb. I do use grip donuts but no problem with blisters. I would say these are my favourite gloves to ride in, snug and no bunching. The TLD Air has a top section material that allows air flow, more than any other glove I've worn. If you have sweaty hands, these are the ones for you. TLD SE Pro is basically the air without as breathable of a top section.
All three pairs are very similar. I wouldn't say that the SE is for cold weather it just doesn't vent/flow as much air into them. I like my Defts just due to the lesser amount of material and fit it of the glove. All three gloves are snug fitting and cut down on the bunching giving myself a better feel for the bars. As far as reducing arm pump, maybe the less bunching cuts down on hand fatigue and in turn arm pump?
If your looking to reduce arm pump, I say more forearms at the gym and better stretching before moto.
Thanks a lot for the in-depth review. One question, do you have long fingers? Which of the 3 models have the longest fingers?
12/7/2016 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 12/7/2016 1:30pm
I like my deft gloves, I just outgrew a pair and am getting a second this christmas.
4One7
Fantasy
2611th
12/7/2016 2:20pm
VxeR wrote:
Thanks a lot for the in-depth review. One question, do you have long fingers? Which of the 3 models have the longest fingers?
I would say I have average length fingers. I wear a size large glove and it fits snug, not loose or cutting off circulation. They do have a fair amount of stretch in them. I would find a size chart and go from there. Both the Deft and TLD gloves fit very similarly.

Post a reply to: Gloves: TLD Air vs TLD SE Pro vs Deft

The Latest