Full Carbon Yosh Can

DTR830
Fantasy
1105th
I was talking with Yoshimura today. They said if I choose the full carbon can that I will be repacking it 2-3x as much as a AL/Ti can.

Can anyone relate? Any one have a full carbon can?
|
Giygas
Fantasy
1165th
11/15/2017 7:51pm
I had a full carbon can on my YZ450f. I think what they meant was that when your packing is done, you can actually damage the carbon fiber. With the titanium, the packing will last the same amount of time, but you won't damage the titanium.
DTR830
Fantasy
1105th
11/15/2017 8:18pm
Giygas wrote:
I had a full carbon can on my YZ450f. I think what they meant was that when your packing is done, you can actually damage the...
I had a full carbon can on my YZ450f. I think what they meant was that when your packing is done, you can actually damage the carbon fiber. With the titanium, the packing will last the same amount of time, but you won't damage the titanium.
We have the titanium / carbon fiber system in stock. Keep in mind that racing with a carbon system will require you to repack the muffler more frequently than a stainless steel / aluminum system would
tempura
11/15/2017 9:12pm
I have a full carbon on my CRF. Haven't noticed any difference with packing.
BobPA
11/16/2017 7:37am
Giygas wrote:
I had a full carbon can on my YZ450f. I think what they meant was that when your packing is done, you can actually damage the...
DTR830 wrote:
We have the titanium / carbon fiber system in stock. Keep in mind that racing with a carbon system will require you to repack the muffler...
We have the titanium / carbon fiber system in stock. Keep in mind that racing with a carbon system will require you to repack the muffler more frequently than a stainless steel / aluminum system would
I put over 100 hours on the Yosh can on my 350...Never repacked it once. Every time I pulled it apart the packing looked new....If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Post a reply to: Full Carbon Yosh Can

The Latest