Expensive or Easy Fix

mingham97
Hey guys broke my cable that connects to the fuel pump. It's saying I can't buy the cable separately, while the assembly costs $700aud. Is there anyway to fix this? It's broken flush so soldering will be very tricky. I'm going to chase it up locally today but if anyone has a fuel pump they're willing the part with, let me know and I'll see if it fits. It's a keihan so I'm sure a few cross over

|
2/19/2017 6:07pm
Theres usually a piece of the plastic connector you can lightly pry and itll let you pull that connector free. Then you can dig out the broke piece and solder your remaining piece of cable into the connector and push the metal connector back into the plastic connector piece. Its very fixable.
mingham97
2/19/2017 8:31pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2017 8:35pm
Theres usually a piece of the plastic connector you can lightly pry and itll let you pull that connector free. Then you can dig out the...
Theres usually a piece of the plastic connector you can lightly pry and itll let you pull that connector free. Then you can dig out the broke piece and solder your remaining piece of cable into the connector and push the metal connector back into the plastic connector piece. Its very fixable.
Cheers mate! Excuse the burning. This should hold up for now.
2/19/2017 9:25pm
Theres usually a piece of the plastic connector you can lightly pry and itll let you pull that connector free. Then you can dig out the...
mingham97 wrote:
Cheers mate! Excuse the burning. This should hold up for now. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/02/19/177336/s1200_IMAG0181.jpg[/img]
Cheers mate! Excuse the burning. This should hold up for now.
Function over form! Glad you fixed it Smile
2/19/2017 9:26pm
Cover those soldered bare wires with silicon or hot glue to keep them from arcing if one breaks tho.

The Shop

mingham97
2/19/2017 10:36pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2017 6:22am
Public service announcement..

This is the break down of that stupid no slosh foam. I brought the bike with it in. Would never have put it in myself but will be ripping it out. The stuff was right up in the fuel pump
mingham97
2/20/2017 6:23am
Cover those soldered bare wires with silicon or hot glue to keep them from arcing if one breaks tho.
Yeah will do! Will heat shrink it to keep the dirt out. Cheers ace of spades you're a legend

Post a reply to: Expensive or Easy Fix

The Latest