CR250 Cylinder Studs - Long or Short?

I bought a new cylinder and was tempted to use the studs from the old cylinder, however I'd rather just get new ones.

The microfiche says 4 long ones and 2 short ones although I was wondering if I can just get 6 short ones as it looks nicer. My CR125 has short engine studs. Can I just get 6 short ones? (the old cylinder has 6 long ones for some reason).
|
8/2/2017 8:44pm
I'd play it safe and use what Honda specifies. They spec long ones for a reason lol.
Acidreamer
8/3/2017 6:13am
As long as youre not sacrificing thread engagement then go for it. Im assuming you have a ton of extra threads above the nuts that arent being used.

The thing is the length of the stud isnt important if theres extra threads that arent being utilized. The shear and tensile strength will be the same regarldess of the length and will hold together just the same provided theyre the same grade studs. I stress again that you dont want to lose thread engagement.
Rockinar
8/4/2017 4:02pm
Buy whatever you want, but you won't outsmart the Honda engineers or their casting design no matter how hard you try.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
8/4/2017 6:27pm
Rockinar wrote:
Buy whatever you want, but you won't outsmart the Honda engineers or their casting design no matter how hard you try.
Why are some longer then needed by a lot?

Post a reply to: CR250 Cylinder Studs - Long or Short?

The Latest