Bogging issues help!!!

I have a ktm 250 sxf 2011 efi. I was out last weekend on the bike and did one 20 min session. I went out to do another session 20 mins later and on lap in the bike started bogging and then cut out. It started again but bogged and cut. I walked it off track and let it cool down then fire it right back up but as soon as it's warm it Boggs down and cuts out. Iv changed the air and fuel filter, emptied the tank out, checked for bare wires. I haven't changed the plug yet but not sure it could be that.
Has anyone had similar issues or know of anything else to try before I put some money into it??
Thanks in advance.
|
Paw Paw
5/26/2017 9:02am
Check the fuel pump fuel filter. It may be clogged. ( Most likely cause.)
Make sure your fuel tank vent line is good and not clogged.
I would also do an ohms test on the coil.

Paw Paw
PTECH
5/26/2017 3:14pm
See if you can isolate to the problem to being either spark or fuel. When it starts acting up try spraying some starting fuel down the intake and see if that will keep it going. If it does then you know you have a fuel problem. If it doesn't then you likely have a problem in your ignition system and you should bust out the multi meter.

I had an injector get partially plugged on my 14 ktm. The bike would start and idle fine but if you went to accelerate hard it would fall on its face. If you tried to rev the bike up in neutral it would just bog out. My mechanic popped the air filter off and shot some starting fluid down there and all of a sudden the bike would rev no problem. Checked fuel pressure and it was good so that basically left the injector. Threw a new injector in it and no problems for 30+ hours.
5/27/2017 2:06am
Thanks for the response guys. I'm going to change the plug today and have a friend who's tank i can swap to rule out the fuel pump. I was told could be the injector blocked so I'm going to back wash that and see if that helps. ill let you know how i get on.

Thanks again!!

Post a reply to: Bogging issues help!!!

The Latest