2015 KX250F wont start

Rockinar
2015 KX250 wont start. It will start with the choke on. When you push it back in, it dies.

Ideas? Maybe need valve adjustment? It's a 2015 but it probably only has 5 hours on it.
|
Paw Paw
6/22/2017 2:55pm
Do you have the idle set too low?

Paw Paw
Rockinar
6/22/2017 4:32pm
Here's what happens.

When I set the idle low (10 clicks out or so) it won't start at all, no matter choke on or off. If I set it high 25 clicks or so, it will start withe the choke on, but then it revs REALLY high......WHAAAAAAA! like the motor is going to blow up so I turn the choke off, and the motor dies.

Paw Paw
6/22/2017 9:00pm
Check your TPS sensor as it may be out of adjustment. A clogged fuel filter can also be an issue.

Paw Paw
pCp 252
Fantasy
2541st
6/22/2017 11:13pm
Do you have any good info on how to check tps sensor on this throttle body? I have a 2015 kx250f with low hours, and it too has trouble starting occasionally. Sometimes it starts first kick, a few other times it has taken 25 Kicks on the stand before it fires up. I actually thought I may have chipped a valve seat so I just replaced the top end and cleaned up the valve train. Everything was in great shape and didn't really even need to be replaced.

I have noticed my bike starts more consistently with what I considered just a slightly high idle. Too low of an idle I also experienced a few flame outs.

I have heard checking the fuel filter on this fuel pump is not a good idea, as it will not go back together as it did from the factory. Is this true?

Also I have heard ECU mapping can play a role in this. Some say you can remap to help fire the bike up.

By the way, my kick technique is much different than a 2 stroke. Relatively slow & smooth kick starting from TDC.

Thank you!

The Shop

Tracktor
6/23/2017 10:04am
May not be related but ours had a hanging idle. I had just rebuilt the top end and adjusted the valves so I knew that was all goo. The fix was screw the adjustment all the way in then back out to set. It even ran a bit better after that but runs/starts best with idle a bit higher than stock.....
Acidreamer
6/23/2017 1:45pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2017 1:46pm
pCp 252 wrote:
Do you have any good info on how to check tps sensor on this throttle body? I have a 2015 kx250f with low hours, and it...
Do you have any good info on how to check tps sensor on this throttle body? I have a 2015 kx250f with low hours, and it too has trouble starting occasionally. Sometimes it starts first kick, a few other times it has taken 25 Kicks on the stand before it fires up. I actually thought I may have chipped a valve seat so I just replaced the top end and cleaned up the valve train. Everything was in great shape and didn't really even need to be replaced.

I have noticed my bike starts more consistently with what I considered just a slightly high idle. Too low of an idle I also experienced a few flame outs.

I have heard checking the fuel filter on this fuel pump is not a good idea, as it will not go back together as it did from the factory. Is this true?

Also I have heard ECU mapping can play a role in this. Some say you can remap to help fire the bike up.

By the way, my kick technique is much different than a 2 stroke. Relatively slow & smooth kick starting from TDC.

Thank you!
I believe you need a volt/ohm reader. The rotation of the sensor will change the reading. Make sure its in the spec your service manual specifies.
Rockinar
6/23/2017 8:31pm
Anyone know where to get a service manual (2015 250F)? The Kawasaki website shows them not available. There's a couple website that say they have them, but the website's look sketchy and I dont see any on Ebay.

Post a reply to: 2015 KX250F wont start

The Latest