2003 CR250 Keihin PWK Conversion

sdhuskyrider
10/27/2018 3:58pm
mxracer106 wrote:
Honda Man.....thank you for your input on the option of the Lectron carb on my '03 CR250. I have heard a lot of good things about...
Honda Man.....thank you for your input on the option of the Lectron carb on my '03 CR250. I have heard a lot of good things about them, and it sounds like you are a living testimonial! I am hoping I can get this PWK Airstriker figured out, as I don't have in my budget the $$$ for a new carb. I bought this bike used, and it ran horribly when I first got it...was super rich and loading up while riding it, so I first started with changing main jet, pilot and needle clip position...which made an improvement. I even put my brand new JD Jetting 38mm air striker off of my '86 CR250 on it (which ran perfect on that bike) and it still was running fat from 1/4-3/4 throttle. I did finally tear more into it, and discovered that it had a chuck broken out of one of the reed pedals, so I was sure that was my whole issue. I replaced the reeds, and it did improve the situation, but it did not make it perfect. This week, I decided to take the "torque spacer" off and bolt the VForce reeds direct to the intake....and I think I now have this 95% solved. It made a big difference taking it off, which is contrary to what I have read about them and how they do not effect the jetting. It is cold here now, so I will probably have to put this on hold until winter, but the new reeds, taking the torque spacer off, and leaning out the jets and moving the clip to the #1 position on the needle have made a big advancement.

Broken reed...

New reeds!

Torque spacer before removal....not sold on them at all!!

This is an old post but I hope you shit canned that the spacer. The last thing in the world an 02+ CR250 needs is that spacer. Already has to much crankcase volume.
EHink450
11/7/2018 10:36pm
When I ordered mine for my 02, back when I had my cr, I ordered from carb parts warehouse and I just told them the mods on my bike and my elevation, fuel/oil ratio, all that stuff and they sent it to me already jetted. Ran perfect to. Didn't even need any tuning. That carb is the best mod you can do to an 02-07 cr250
Slosh 112
11/8/2018 3:13am
Yeah just get a Lectron, In this day and age I Have Zero time for jetting issues on a regularly ridden bike. Four strokes have made me soft with their injection systems but honestly if you love Dicking around don't wast your money but if you are a two stroke convert like me that's come from the modern era four strokes there's no other option.

Jrewing
11/8/2018 3:28am
Slosh 112 wrote:
Yeah just get a Lectron, In this day and age I Have Zero time for jetting issues on a regularly ridden bike. Four strokes have made...
Yeah just get a Lectron, In this day and age I Have Zero time for jetting issues on a regularly ridden bike. Four strokes have made me soft with their injection systems but honestly if you love Dicking around don't wast your money but if you are a two stroke convert like me that's come from the modern era four strokes there's no other option.

I thought you went stic pwk? I’m considering a lecturing for my cr139. The temp changes last race were fucking my jetting and doing 6 races that day I didn’t have time to jet constantly. Worth it you think, any cons to the lectron?

The Shop

Post a reply to: 2003 CR250 Keihin PWK Conversion

The Latest