vintage guys, got a long shot question

Edited Date/Time 12/2/2015 10:01am
The bike is a 76 dt400. Could anyone tell me what the thread size is for the countershaft nut that holds the front sprocket on? I looked at Ace and Menards and nothing seemed big enough in fine thread. Thanks in advance
|
12/1/2015 12:58pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2015 12:58pm
Don't think you will find that nut at any local hardware outlets. If you do, the head (wrench) size will probably be huge. Probably would not get the lock tab bent over it. Also, the width of that nut is very narrow. Hardware stores are usually pretty generic in their selection.

Dtat720
12/1/2015 1:01pm
Most likely a 19x1 or 20x1 metric
12/1/2015 1:53pm
I don't own any thread gauges, but that was my first thought. Hardware stores seem like they won't be any help. Biggest metric was a m18 and that wasn't very close at all. I'm hoping I can find the exact size and then start calling around finding someone that might carry something that will work. Thanks for the responses.

The Shop

JBernard_401
12/1/2015 3:53pm
RM250racer wrote:
I don't own any thread gauges, but that was my first thought. Hardware stores seem like they won't be any help. Biggest metric was a m18...
I don't own any thread gauges, but that was my first thought. Hardware stores seem like they won't be any help. Biggest metric was a m18 and that wasn't very close at all. I'm hoping I can find the exact size and then start calling around finding someone that might carry something that will work. Thanks for the responses.
yep best bet is to find the size then just search for one online, it shouldnt be anything specialty.
those thread gauge tools are like 8$ and are great to have regardless.
lumpy790
12/2/2015 10:01am
RM250racer wrote:
I don't own any thread gauges, but that was my first thought. Hardware stores seem like they won't be any help. Biggest metric was a m18...
yep best bet is to find the size then just search for one online, it shouldnt be anything specialty. those thread gauge tools are like 8$...
yep best bet is to find the size then just search for one online, it shouldnt be anything specialty.
those thread gauge tools are like 8$ and are great to have regardless.
buy a cheap tap & dye set and the guage will be included.

Post a reply to: vintage guys, got a long shot question

The Latest