suspension help on an rmz 450 please!!

brimx153
Edited Date/Time 10/13/2014 9:04pm
hi I have a 2012 450 rmz. I weigh 105kg s , so I put in a 6.0 back spring and a 4.9 front springs .there ment to be the right springs for my weight .when I put them in .I found the front was way way too soft. I got the front revalved .to hold it up in the stroke . it worked well .but still is a bit harsh in the mid stroke unless I run less rebound dam, then the fork feels great .but rebounds to fast .and the front does nt have enough traction. wondering if I run less oil , will this help with the midstroke stiffness ?? . also I feel like the bike still feels so unbalanced . the back end feels to high, and hard . I was running 110mm sag 37mm free sag .the only way I am getting it to feel balanced is to run 3 3/4 high speed .so today I tried 115mm sag and the bike felt better, but still high and hard ,in the back? ,it feel s like the spring rate is wrong . would I be better putting a stock 5.8 in and try get it to 100 - 105 sag , would this balance the bike out . I read on the net that some guys were running softer spring s in the back on rmz s for this prob , has anyone heard of this , thanks
|
mxb2
10/5/2014 3:29pm
Have you contacted a creditable suspension company? or take ir back if it was revalved. what your weight in lbs? this is a american site lol. race tech has a chart for weight and spring rates. i use factory connection on my kawy and rmz 450
brimx153
10/5/2014 4:27pm
the spring rates are right ,from race tech . I just read a few old threads on a different site tonight, were some guys were complaining of the same thing .and they felt that the spring rates for a Suzuki ran too heavy ,like the 5.4 felt like the 5.6 etc and were better running lighter spring rates on the back ,to balance the bike , wondering has anyone heard of this ? ?
10/5/2014 4:54pm
Have taken the springs to a shop and actually check the spring rate? It is possible that they were put in wrong bin/box anywhere before you received it.

The Shop

Paw Paw 271
10/5/2014 5:55pm
FYI: I have found that on some bikes in the Race Tech spring calculator have big errors in the chart.
Example: I have a bike that their chart called for a 6.8 rear spring and what is correct is a 4.8 spring.
All I am telling you is that the chart is not always correct for the rear. I have not found the same to be true with the fork springs as they seem to come in right on the money.
You may want to give them a call and speak with them and ask that your shock rate and fork spring rate be double checked.

Paw Paw
brimx153
10/5/2014 7:19pm
thanks yea I may ring up ,double check .i can get te right sag and all with it .but it keeps the back so high
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
10/13/2014 9:04pm
FYI: I have found that on some bikes in the Race Tech spring calculator have big errors in the chart. Example: I have a bike that...
FYI: I have found that on some bikes in the Race Tech spring calculator have big errors in the chart.
Example: I have a bike that their chart called for a 6.8 rear spring and what is correct is a 4.8 spring.
All I am telling you is that the chart is not always correct for the rear. I have not found the same to be true with the fork springs as they seem to come in right on the money.
You may want to give them a call and speak with them and ask that your shock rate and fork spring rate be double checked.

Paw Paw
Paw Paw,
Do you happen to know what make/model/year this was on? We'd like to address it and make sure it gets corrected.

Also, everything we sell is 100% guaranteed, so that means if we recommended the wrong spring rate, we'd exchange it without question.

Also, if you ever want to double check a spring rate recommendation, shoot me an email over to chris@racetech.com and I'd be more than happy to run it by our R&D team. We gather rider feedback on our spring rates and settings daily, so we generally would catch any errors pretty quickly and are able to give solid recommendations. The calculator is pulling data based on feedback to the R&D department.

And remember, if you do choose to order springs, mention VitalMX for a 20% discount.

Post a reply to: suspension help on an rmz 450 please!!

The Latest