pro circuit

dombrowsky106
6/15/2015 2:11pm Edited Date/Time 6/27/2015 11:47am
i wanna spend some money on my suspension i have stock suspension only set up for my weight. i wanna send my suspension to pro circuit but i just wanna know what i should have done to it i would like to spend like 1500 but would that be enough to notice a difference. never done this before and just trying to gain knowledge.
|
njracer46
6/15/2015 2:24pm
I have never sent my stuff to PC but I was blown away by the quote I got when I called them compared to the other big name shops. It was like twice as much then any other shop and that didn't include shipping or springs. Idk if what they do is much different then the other shops for a basic revalve.

My advice is to call some big name shops and talk to them about what they could do for in your budget. Race tech, factory connection, rg3 are all very good and I'm sure you wouldn't notice a big if not any difference from PC.

Or find a good local tuner that goes to the tracks you ride and can watch you ride, they can make changes from what they see. All the shops will give you base settings but you can improve it by messing around with it at the track. Ask other people at the track who they use and ask how they like them. Sometimes local is better, who wants to ship there suspension out every time.

I'm sure some OH. Guys on here can give you some good local shops to pick from

What bike do you have and what type of riding? What class?
dombrowsky106
6/15/2015 3:51pm
ok thanks i just bought a kxf 250 2014 and just building it up i already had the local supsension guy put stiffer springs in and set for my weight but just wanted to see if i could go further with it . race all around michigan and sum pennsilvaina but im just a c rider not a pro or anything i really like pro circuit stuff like there foot pegs and there pipes so thats why i was thinking pc. but ill try race tech or one of those
njracer46
6/15/2015 4:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2015 4:26pm
I'm not saying not to at least call PC and talk to them. Get a quote and see what they can do in your price range. But they're plenty reputable suspension shops around. It doesn't hurt to call around and talk to some local guys at the track. If you're dead set on PC then go with them, I'm just saying you can achieve just as good as results with other tuners. Hopefully some suspension experts can chime in or even the race tech guy can give you more info.

I know before I spend some serious money on my bike or anything for that matter. I do a lot of research, talk to as many different people/ companies as I can and try to get the most bang for my buck.

I'm not a suspension expert so they may do more then this. A basic revalve may just be dissembling the forks, cleaning and replacing worn parts. Re arranging the shim stack, changing oil levels. And they usually offer one of there valves for it. Race tech has the gold valve, rg3 has a smart valve, mx tech has the huck valve. Those cost extra and are not part of a basic revalve. Then you can get the coatings on lower fork tubes and other areas. I'm sure there is more to it but that should cover some of it.

Edit- just remembered you have a newer kxf so your lower tubes already have a dlc coating

Good luck on your research!
Bruce372
6/15/2015 4:34pm
before spending any money, i would educate yourself on how the suspension actually works.

Clickers, oil levers, spring preload race/free sag all that stuff....at least if you understand how it works, it will give you a better idea of what you are getting when you call up for a service.

The Shop

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
6/15/2015 4:50pm
Bruce372 wrote:
before spending any money, i would educate yourself on how the suspension actually works. Clickers, oil levers, spring preload race/free sag all that stuff....at least if...
before spending any money, i would educate yourself on how the suspension actually works.

Clickers, oil levers, spring preload race/free sag all that stuff....at least if you understand how it works, it will give you a better idea of what you are getting when you call up for a service.
I feel like this has been my biggest help of the last few years in making my suspension better. Also being able to tell what the suspension is doing or not doing as well the ability to the tuner what you want it to do or not to do. That's the best way to get the most bang out of your buck...

A side note about Factory Connection, if they do a revavle on your suspension, you can send it in as many times as you want to change the valving for free. So if your not liking it, you can keep working on it and not killing your wallet...
harescrambled
Fantasy
1864th
6/15/2015 7:26pm
ok thanks i just bought a kxf 250 2014 and just building it up i already had the local supsension guy put stiffer springs in and...
ok thanks i just bought a kxf 250 2014 and just building it up i already had the local supsension guy put stiffer springs in and set for my weight but just wanted to see if i could go further with it . race all around michigan and sum pennsilvaina but im just a c rider not a pro or anything i really like pro circuit stuff like there foot pegs and there pipes so thats why i was thinking pc. but ill try race tech or one of those
Who is your local guy? I use FCR Suspension out of East Palestine, Oh. From them, $1500 would get you pretty much their best hardware. Check them out at http://fcrsuspension.com/ If you call them, ask for Bob, and tell him Leon Witiver referred you.
zb658
6/16/2015 5:35am
You could also try Tech-Care out in michigan. They were excellent in turn around time as well as budget!
brocsdad
6/24/2015 9:12am
I use Powerband Racing on my 450 and my kids KX 85. Though Powerband markets to the mini riders his work on the big bikes is second to none. Call Billy and at least get a quote.

www.powerbandracing.com

Good Luck!

dogger315
6/25/2015 8:04am
i wanna spend some money on my suspension i have stock suspension only set up for my weight. i wanna send my suspension to pro circuit...
i wanna spend some money on my suspension i have stock suspension only set up for my weight. i wanna send my suspension to pro circuit but i just wanna know what i should have done to it i would like to spend like 1500 but would that be enough to notice a difference. never done this before and just trying to gain knowledge.
To answer your question, you want PC to set your suspension components up for your weight and ability.
If you're not the hypothetical 160 lb., intermediate rider the bike was designed for, this modification will
provide a nice boost in suspension performance - maybe the best single mod you can have done.

Before you send in your forks and shock, there is a work order sheet you download from the PC website.
Fill that out as accurately as possible. PC will use that info to revalve and respring your components. If
you want to spend all of your budget, you should have money left over for some anodized doo dads, but
I would just concentrate on the revalve and springs for now. As you progress, you can add parts to
increase reliability and provide more consistent performance.

dogger

dombrowsky106
6/25/2015 12:08pm
i had my local suspension shop set my bike for my weight but if i have pc do that for me will i notice a difference from my local shop.Cause im geussing if i have PC do it im gonna drop some cash but if i will notice a difference i wanna do it
dogger315
6/25/2015 1:38pm
i had my local suspension shop set my bike for my weight but if i have pc do that for me will i notice a difference...
i had my local suspension shop set my bike for my weight but if i have pc do that for me will i notice a difference from my local shop.Cause im geussing if i have PC do it im gonna drop some cash but if i will notice a difference i wanna do it
Not sure what you mean about having your local suspension shop setting your bike up for your weight. If your local
shop has already swapped out the springs and revalved your forks and shock to work with those new springs, you
don't need to send your suspension out again. If on the other hand, your local suspension shop changed out the
springs and then set the static and dynamic sag to suite you, then you are half way there.

If the springs are already the correct rate for your weight and ability, PC will not replace them. Instead they will
finish the job and re-valve the forks and shock to work best with those springs. They will also include info on best
fork height, new sag numbers, clicker settings, etc. What you are paying for is to have your suspension specifically
tailored to you.

dogger
dombrowsky106
6/25/2015 1:57pm
there is a guy that does suspensions and he put different springs in and set my sag up for my weight like you said but i didnt know if someone like PC could do more to it. just have some extra cash i wanted to blow and i like PC so thats why i choose them
Speeddemon73
6/26/2015 7:42am
All I can say is do NOT go local. Local shops do not have the know how, experience, and tooling that the big name suspension servicers have. I went local, and kicked myself in the butt. Set-up was horrible and felt worse than stock. Went with Factory Connection and my bikes are completely different animals. I do have experience with Pro Circuit. I had them build my engine for my 07 CR250 and the thing is an animal. It puts out as much HP as a stock 450. I was told 55-58 hp depending on fuel and jetting and it rips my arms off. My friend had his suspension completely done by Pro-Circuit and really liked their suspension. On his 09 CRF450, he had just about every trick internal suspension part installed on his forks and shock, with a complete revalve and spring change for about $1800. I wouldn't hesitate to go with Pro-Circuit one bit. They are really professional and call you before and after they perform the service on your stuff to discuss what they are going to do and if you have any questions or concerns. When I had my engine built, they did it in about 2 days and sent it back with a factory pipe and silencer that they gave me a discount on. Pipe is specifc to engine mods they did, they told me its the same bend as Mcgrath's 05 CR250, just not titanium haha. Pro-Circuit suspension though from what I have heard from other people is a little on the stiffer side and geared towards faster riders while Factory Connection is more plush which is what I like. Either way Pro Circuit or Factory Connection is the way to go.
dombrowsky106
6/26/2015 12:49pm
idk if you got my message i sent earlier i was in a dead spot but what you said is what i wanted to hear and no one could tell me anything like that i like pro circuits pipes so thats why i wanted to go with pro circuit i wanted to do my kawi all matching pro circuit but if you say there really stiff maybe ill go to factory connection im only a C rider so nothing super fast but i wanna in the future get some motor work done from pro circuit but i heard the more you have done on your motor it wont last long and its just harder on the motor correct me if im wrong on that
Speeddemon73
6/26/2015 1:16pm
idk if you got my message i sent earlier i was in a dead spot but what you said is what i wanted to hear and...
idk if you got my message i sent earlier i was in a dead spot but what you said is what i wanted to hear and no one could tell me anything like that i like pro circuits pipes so thats why i wanted to go with pro circuit i wanted to do my kawi all matching pro circuit but if you say there really stiff maybe ill go to factory connection im only a C rider so nothing super fast but i wanna in the future get some motor work done from pro circuit but i heard the more you have done on your motor it wont last long and its just harder on the motor correct me if im wrong on that
If you want to go with Pro-Circuit then go with them. Be very specific on what you want YOUR suspension to feel like and where you feel they can do some improving. Give them all the correct info they need including your weight. DO NOT GUESS YOUR WEIGHT! Weigh yourself so they know exactly what spring rates you need. They do call you when they get your stuff and talk with you about what they are going to do and if you have any requests or suggestions. Pro-Circuit does tend to cater to the more faster riders, but that doesn't mean that they can't do a fantastic job on your suspension for your riding ability. They service a ton of people and I'm sure they can make something great for you. They didn't get as big as they are by producing bad service. Be aware though, when you do get your suspension back, there will be a little break in time period for everything to loosen up. My suspension was stiff at first as well when I got mine back, but after a few rides it softened out and was exactly what I was looking for.

As far as engine work goes and how it affects the reliability of the engine. If you send your motor to have work done to it to a reputable shop who has good tooling, machinery, and knowledge of how to build motors, then you should have no problem with reliability of the engine. My 07' CR250 has a Pro-Circuit modified engine. I had them port, polish, mod power valve & clean it, match cases, and they did some cylinder work as well. The motor work is mated to a full PC exhaust and runs on the proper fuel they recommended. Everything works together in unison and I did not put anything "foreign" on the bike. I did not have one guy do the motor, put a different exhaust on it, and ran pump gas in it. No, everything works together as intended. You have to be honest with them like your suspension. If you want a motor that runs on race gas, then you will have to buy and run race gas no question. If not, then tell them you want to be able to run pump gas. People will lie to them and say they want a fire breathing race gas motor and then down the line not be able to afford race gas and think 87 octane pump gas will run well in their bike. Then they go bashing on the internet that PC sucks and they broke their motor and it blew up after 10min because they didn't follow the directions. When reliability goes out the window is usually two situations. 1.) People send their motor to a local guy that does work out of his basement with a pencil grinder. I avoid "local" guys because they don't have the tooling, experience, machinery, or reputability like the bigger brands do. And 2.) People mix and match parts so they have a frankenstein motor. Porting done by this guy, exhaust by another, and everything else motor wise mix matched. When dealing with motors, everything should work in unison as a team to produce the most power. One thing Pro-Circuit and many major engine builders do recommend is staying with OEM internals for the engines. PC told me to trash the Wiseco piston I had in my bike and put a OEM piston and rings in. They said that the OEM internals give the most life, best sealing, and best performance over aftermarket. So far I have a year on my PC built motor and it still kicks over on the first kick and purrs like a kitten.

Most of the reliability comes down to just common sense and using quality products. Use good fuel, good oil, and good reliable parts and your motor should be the least of your worries on race day.
Speeddemon73
6/26/2015 1:20pm
idk if you got my message i sent earlier i was in a dead spot but what you said is what i wanted to hear and...
I will say this though, I would hold off on motor work. The only reason I did mine was because the CR250 comes from the factory with incorrect squish band that greatly affects the performance of the engine and jetting stability. PC corrected this with their motor work and did a little extra. Suspension will ultimately make you faster. It doesn't matter if you have the most HP on the line if you can't handle and ride your bike to its true potential for the whole race.
dombrowsky106
6/26/2015 3:24pm
wow well i think im gonna take your advice and go with pro circuit like my gut tells me i am pretty much lost when it comes to telling pro circuit for my suspension i no nothing about suspension so what do you suggest i tell them or should i just ask them i am just lost on it and i wanna understand it but dont wear to find the know how
Speeddemon73
6/26/2015 9:28pm
wow well i think im gonna take your advice and go with pro circuit like my gut tells me i am pretty much lost when it...
wow well i think im gonna take your advice and go with pro circuit like my gut tells me i am pretty much lost when it comes to telling pro circuit for my suspension i no nothing about suspension so what do you suggest i tell them or should i just ask them i am just lost on it and i wanna understand it but dont wear to find the know how
I can't specifically tell you what to say to them. Your suspension will be tailored to you so I would advise you tell them exactly how you want the suspension to feel and react. You should tell them the type of tracks you ride on, your ability as a rider, and what types of soil you run on. Most of the info they will need from you will be asked on the suspension form on pro-circuits website. Just put a note for them to make sure to call you when they get your stuff and go over it with you. Tell them it's your first time and that you are new to this. Good choice with Pro Circuit. Frankly you would be happy with either FC or PC. Go with your gut because if you don't, there will always be that what if question going on in your head. Hope everything works out for you. And if there are any problems with your suspension, make sure to notify them right away that something doesn't look, feel, or sound right to you. Some guys will go months with a problem and then bad mouth companies for their laziness in contacting the company about a problem. Im sure pro circuit would appreciate you telling them right away that something is not right and they will make it right for you.
RyanLester761
6/27/2015 10:59am
Great advice speeddemon73!

I just want to mention I have Factory Connection suspension on my 2010 YZ450 and it's amazing. Very plush but absorbs big landings. I ride 35+ intermediate.

I agree about being very clear to Pro Circuit about your needs. I'm sure they will make it right.

Let us know how it turns out!

Ryan
r.sal923
6/27/2015 11:47am
Find out who your local suspension guy is that also rides the tracks you ride, when you are having problems they are usually around to give you a hand setting up (there) your suspension

Post a reply to: pro circuit

The Latest