looking for an unbrakeable clutch lever

duckonquack
8/9/2016 6:15am
Can any of you guys recommend me a clutch lever that is "unbrakeable". I have been looking at an arc or a works connection but 179 dollars for a lever and perch seem a bit much. What are you guys running and what do you guys like? This will just be an upgrade from my oem one cause I am tired of buying a new one every time I crash.

Thanks!
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
8/9/2016 6:53am
The Arc levers work well. Less expensive, but they only pivot forward not up.

Check EBay for some good deals.

What bike is it for?
ben5020
8/9/2016 7:47am
I have the arc composite levers that kick ass! I seem to have issues around turns and these levers will bend in half and all you do is bend it back!
duckonquack
8/9/2016 7:56am
The Arc levers work well. Less expensive, but they only pivot forward not up.

Check EBay for some good deals.

What bike is it for?
2015 kx 450f

The Shop

duckonquack
8/9/2016 7:57am
ben5020 wrote:
I have the arc composite levers that kick ass! I seem to have issues around turns and these levers will bend in half and all you...
I have the arc composite levers that kick ass! I seem to have issues around turns and these levers will bend in half and all you do is bend it back!
Have you tried the aluminum lever? are the composites just lighter or are they also more durable?
ben5020
8/9/2016 9:04am
My buddy has the aluminum arc levers on his Honda, I prefer the feel of the composite and the ability to bend them a little to fit your fingers as opposed to the aluminum they are what they are and cannot be bent for your liking.
duckonquack
8/9/2016 9:35am
ben5020 wrote:
My buddy has the aluminum arc levers on his Honda, I prefer the feel of the composite and the ability to bend them a little to...
My buddy has the aluminum arc levers on his Honda, I prefer the feel of the composite and the ability to bend them a little to fit your fingers as opposed to the aluminum they are what they are and cannot be bent for your liking.
Do you have the RC-8 ($184) or the DC-8 ($124) I don't understand the difference between the two.
mxb2
8/9/2016 10:08am
Or the renthal ,pro taper perch.. or I use the wc elite perch,teflon sleeve, snug it, and carry a spare lever. Plenty of options. I use the arc8 on my crf.,good stuff. Wc on my rmz.
8/9/2016 12:20pm
I bought the shitty 30 something dollar billet break away ones off amazon with a gift card over Christmas and surprisingly they've held up pretty well
BAMX
8/9/2016 2:57pm
Can any of you guys recommend me a clutch lever that is "unbrakeable". I have been looking at an arc or a works connection but 179...
Can any of you guys recommend me a clutch lever that is "unbrakeable". I have been looking at an arc or a works connection but 179 dollars for a lever and perch seem a bit much. What are you guys running and what do you guys like? This will just be an upgrade from my oem one cause I am tired of buying a new one every time I crash.

Thanks!
It sounds like you need to loosen your perches. They should be just tight enough to stay in place under normal riding.
8/9/2016 3:56pm
BAMX wrote:
It sounds like you need to loosen your perches. They should be just tight enough to stay in place under normal riding.
This

I have had good luck with the motion pro forged levers. I get the ones with the needle bearing pivot and they are very smooth. Never broke one, they just bend. I like the feel of a stock style lever.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
8/9/2016 4:29pm
Can any of you guys recommend me a clutch lever that is "unbrakeable". I have been looking at an arc or a works connection but 179...

Thanks!
BAMX wrote:
x3.

Also, run your perches inward on the bars. This way, the bar end will hit the dirt before the ball end on the lever will.
duckonquack
8/9/2016 4:38pm
I went with the arc rc-8 composite lever, with 2 day shipping so i could get it by the weekend it was 200 dollars flat. This better add at least 5 horsepower and be made by the hand of god. For real though appreciate the comments and advice guys

Post a reply to: looking for an unbrakeable clutch lever

The Latest