kx 125 need help

9/30/2012 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2012 5:26pm
I have A 2005 kx 125 and brought it second hand a few weeks back it claimed to have bad a all new engine rebuild but I have only rode it for the max of 4-5 hours and ever since I had it the low end power is not really there.
if I put in in gear and go to take of it seems alright but when I start gaining speed it just isn't right the power isn't really there unless I hit power and and it doesn't sound the best either unless I hit powerband I really need help as I'm worried as riding it may damage it even more if there is a serious problem the bike also doesn't sound like the classic high pitch two stroke noise untill you are in power band
any answers will e appreciated be serious though
|
9/30/2012 2:13pm
Well, without tearing it apart, are there any pings or anything? Is the exhaust new? I've had it where my muffler is cracked and i get no low end power.
9/30/2012 2:36pm
Well, without tearing it apart, are there any pings or anything? Is the exhaust new? I've had it where my muffler is cracked and i get...
Well, without tearing it apart, are there any pings or anything? Is the exhaust new? I've had it where my muffler is cracked and i get no low end power.
err not that I know of the exhaust is pretty battered and has a fair few knocks on it ad the muffler seems in good nick
9/30/2012 3:45pm
Did you get the Owners Manual with the bike? You might need to clean the power valves (they could be sticking). If you didn't get the manual I woulf try to buy both manuals (shop & service) and read them.
9/30/2012 4:49pm
Did you get the Owners Manual with the bike? You might need to clean the power valves (they could be sticking). If you didn't get the...
Did you get the Owners Manual with the bike? You might need to clean the power valves (they could be sticking). If you didn't get the manual I woulf try to buy both manuals (shop & service) and read them.
when I bought te bike it did t have a power valve cover on it so I had one of those put in a few days ago and it is still the same as it used to be is it not anything like the tuning of the jets?

The Shop

9/30/2012 4:54pm
Clean the carb, check the air filter, make sure theres coolant, and if you're feeling motivated, check the top end and piston for scarring and such. Just clean it up because it's used.
9/30/2012 4:56pm
carbs just been cleaned but not the piston or air filter I will give it a check and see what goes from there and what coolant would you recommend if there is a precise one
B wood
9/30/2012 5:21pm
Need new top end. Sounds like the new ring didn't break in properly causing low compression. Time to get a fo fitty!! lol
B wood
9/30/2012 5:26pm
You can repack your silencer for about $12. Sometimes the packing will burnout on 2 strokes causing no bottom end snap

Post a reply to: kx 125 need help

The Latest