carb tuning question

7/4/2015 8:34am Edited Date/Time 7/4/2015 8:39am
On 2 strokes not idling down can be assign of an air leak. Another thing to check is the throttle cable routing it might be binding causing the same deal. Start the bike up than spray cairb cleaner (or almost anything arsenal) around the intake and listen to see if the engine picks up rev's, if it does you have an air leak.. You want small amount of play in the cable and if it doesn't have any this could be the problem. Also you might check both the float level height and the needle & seat for wear. Also take a look at the main seal mag side (left hand) and see if you have any moisture there.
7/4/2015 6:22pm
Thanks i got back home from the barbeque and tinkered with it , it was the throttle cable , after i re routed it , it's smooth as silk , but i came across another problem , it's pouring gas out of it now . it was not doing it before im confused to why
especially after i re routed the cable and got it all together and took it up the holler oh well ill figure it out i guess
7/5/2015 9:59am
gotcha im g0nna change it out in a few which way is rich and whats lean its burning white

The Shop

7/5/2015 1:34pm
Start the bike up (on the stand)hold the throttle at about 1/3 throttle (close to 3000-3500 RPM's), then screw the slow speed jet in, the bike will drop RPM's once the screw is bottomed out SLOWLY screw the jet out the RPM's will rise and you want it to be at the max RPM. You can either old the throttle manually or use the idle screw to achieve this. Just remember to lower the idle screw if you go that route.

Post a reply to: carb tuning question

The Latest