anodising cast

Thinking of sending some bits and pieces in to get anodised. i got a quote today for a few things to get done fork tubes being the most expensive $35 per tube. Others like the hubs, cases and other bits and pieces around $13-$15 (Aus dollar by the way). my question being, I've been told / seen pictures of cases and hubs that have been done in dark gold... come out a sweet browny factory colour Silly . But the anodiser i use only has normal gold. Sad Just trying to eliminate a little trial and error to achieve this cool brown colour with some advice from you guys.
If you have had some parts done in any colour upload some photos too!
Cheers
|
dazza2
10/20/2016 3:47am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2016 3:54am
hi I think for the hubs and engine cases in the colour your talking is called cerakoat its a different process to anodizing if im not mistaken but im no expert

but I have seen hubs and cases in a almost bronze sort of colour that had been cerakoated might be worth a google to see if we are talking about the same thing
10/20/2016 4:36am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2016 4:41am
dazza2 wrote:
hi I think for the hubs and engine cases in the colour your talking is called cerakoat its a different process to anodizing if im not...
hi I think for the hubs and engine cases in the colour your talking is called cerakoat its a different process to anodizing if im not mistaken but im no expert

but I have seen hubs and cases in a almost bronze sort of colour that had been cerakoated might be worth a google to see if we are talking about the same thing
Yeah pretty certain the look I'm trying to achieve is anodizing. I've seen guys on here that have used cerakoat it looks pretty bad ass too!

Here are some photos of a guy on Instagram that I follow working on a kx 125 he does some killer work!
This is dark gold!

10/20/2016 5:41am
Yeah man, ceracoat all the way. Looking at having my hubs and covers done as well. Cool

The Shop

Dtat720
10/20/2016 5:57am
Those are anodized, you get the color change by leaving the cast in media blast finish and not polishing the pieces. Surface prep affects color drastically. Gold turns different browns, teal turns bright green, red turns burgundys... bright gold will brown out, longer soak time for the color bath will darken the brown.
10/20/2016 2:16pm
That looks like cerakoat to me. I just had my calipers done [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/10/20/156439/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
That looks like cerakoat to me. I just had my calipers done

It's anodising I asked the dude personally how he achieved it. Creakoat looks dope too.
10/20/2016 2:18pm
Dtat720 wrote:
Those are anodized, you get the color change by leaving the cast in media blast finish and not polishing the pieces. Surface prep affects color drastically...
Those are anodized, you get the color change by leaving the cast in media blast finish and not polishing the pieces. Surface prep affects color drastically. Gold turns different browns, teal turns bright green, red turns burgundys... bright gold will brown out, longer soak time for the color bath will darken the brown.
Hey dude you reckon gold on the hubs / inner clutch cover would turn a brown colour?
Dtat720
10/20/2016 5:00pm
Dtat720 wrote:
Those are anodized, you get the color change by leaving the cast in media blast finish and not polishing the pieces. Surface prep affects color drastically...
Hey dude you reckon gold on the hubs / inner clutch cover would turn a brown colour?
Really all depends on the prepped surface. For gold to go brown, the surface needs to be dull. Like media blast dull. Depends on the dye used as well, there are several different golds. Some more yellow, some more orange, some more brown. I would take a piece to them and ask them to do a color sample to see how it comes out. Ask them not to seal it, just acid bath and color. If the color isnt what you like, as long as it hasnt been sealed, you can strip the color out using household bleach. Strip the color instantly.
kxman
10/21/2016 2:59am
Thinking of sending some bits and pieces in to get anodised. i got a quote today for a few things to get done fork tubes being...
Thinking of sending some bits and pieces in to get anodised. i got a quote today for a few things to get done fork tubes being the most expensive $35 per tube. Others like the hubs, cases and other bits and pieces around $13-$15 (Aus dollar by the way). my question being, I've been told / seen pictures of cases and hubs that have been done in dark gold... come out a sweet browny factory colour Silly . But the anodiser i use only has normal gold. Sad Just trying to eliminate a little trial and error to achieve this cool brown colour with some advice from you guys.
If you have had some parts done in any colour upload some photos too!
Cheers
Name of anodizing place mate. Local guy here's a rip off
10/21/2016 2:28pm
kxman wrote:
Name of anodizing place mate. Local guy here's a rip off
Agrade anodising in Brisbane mate those prices plus gst... I was pretty shocked
10/21/2016 7:30pm
dazza2 wrote:
hi I think for the hubs and engine cases in the colour your talking is called cerakoat its a different process to anodizing if im not...

Yeah pretty certain the look I'm trying to achieve is anodizing. I've seen guys on here that have used cerakoat it looks pretty bad ass too...
Yeah pretty certain the look I'm trying to achieve is anodizing. I've seen guys on here that have used cerakoat it looks pretty bad ass too!

Here are some photos of a guy on Instagram that I follow working on a kx 125 he does some killer work!
This is dark gold!

What is his instagram, looks sick
@lips395
10/23/2016 1:46am
Kx125rider wrote:
What is his instagram, looks sick
dreidy
The color you are looking for is dark gold
Collins anodonic in victoria is the company your looking for check out my kxf build you should find it in my profile on hear on on my instagram @lips395 you will get exactly what you are looking for have a good one
10/23/2016 4:18am
@lips395 wrote:
The color you are looking for is dark gold Collins anodonic in victoria is the company your looking for check out my kxf build you should...
The color you are looking for is dark gold
Collins anodonic in victoria is the company your looking for check out my kxf build you should find it in my profile on hear on on my instagram @lips395 you will get exactly what you are looking for have a good one
Thanks man

Post a reply to: anodising cast

The Latest