YZ125/YZ85 Winter Project Bike

10/20/2014 4:54am Edited Date/Time 10/23/2014 5:23pm
So I have a YZ85 BW thats had a small fortune spent on it, from RR Racing engine work, Double radiators, Alloy tank and RR Racing swing arm.

So for this winter I feel like making the 85 into a supermini and am just wondering if anyone else has done it.

Due to spending so much previously on the engine, I don't really wanna put the 112 kit in even though it would be easier and what not I want something to do when Im bored and won't be riding this winter at all.

So from I've read its easier to get a 05 up engine to fit since the mounts are different to the older models.

I'm also thinking of making a new slightly longer front triangle too, which would fix any issues with the way the engine would mount.

Has anyone done a similar project, I seen a CRF150 Chassis being fitted with a CR250 engine but thats just too much for me to handle tbh.

Cheers
|
10/22/2014 12:26pm
It would be really hard to get the motor in, and if you do you couldn't race it in the supermini class. You're probably going to have to build a new cradle to fit the motor and have it welded (professionally). Not to mention the hassle of hooking up the carb to the airbox and getting a 125 pipe to fit.
10/23/2014 5:23pm
Having looked at the 85 Frame, I've decided imma chop it up and fit the 125 in it, once its chopped and welded it should be ok.

The pipe and air box are my only worries tbh, but if the motor fits and with enough fabrication i'm positive I can get it all to work brilliantly together.

Post a reply to: YZ125/YZ85 Winter Project Bike

The Latest