What's this for and what's missing?

Edited Date/Time 4/20/2016 9:09am
I have this carb from a rm 85 is there something missing from 1 of these holes in the carb front/ should there be anything in them or is something missing, I'm sure something dropped out and coz I was told it was not from the carb I binned it but I'm not so sure now coz it doesn't run all to good now

|
ride455
4/19/2016 4:28pm
Aw crap man, those are the inverse flux acquisition holes... they need a rear diffuser mechanism installed in them.

Im not sure where to find them though, they are super rare
4/19/2016 5:03pm
I don't suppose u no what they look like do u ? If I can't sort it I'm gona have to try and get a replacement carburetor if I do need 1 any idea where the best place for me to get 1 from
oldandslow1
4/19/2016 6:01pm
I don't suppose u no what they look like do u ? If I can't sort it I'm gona have to try and get a replacement...
I don't suppose u no what they look like do u ? If I can't sort it I'm gona have to try and get a replacement carburetor if I do need 1 any idea where the best place for me to get 1 from
really? the man is messing with ya.i would say nothing is missing
4/19/2016 6:28pm
Air correction jet passage. The jet should look a bit smaller in size than a pilot jet.

The Shop

jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
4/19/2016 6:39pm
Dude Google rm 85 carb microfiche. Your welcome little brah. Hopefully your back ripping in no time. My guess is it's a combination of things and not the piece that fell out of carb. What did the guy who said to throw it out was? Can he help you get the bike sorted?
4/19/2016 6:46pm
The bike was fine until this happened I don't no where il get another piece from and don't really no where to go from here like do I get a diffrant carb or the same replacement I'm new to all this see
4/19/2016 6:55pm
I haven't been able to find a pic of the bit that fell out atall it's not on any carb diagram I can find it's just all the usuall jets and stuff, I'm gona have a look in the morning and go from there coz I'm not sure if something is missing or it it is something else causing the bike not to run
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
4/19/2016 8:36pm
Nothing appears to be missing to me bud but I am not familiar with rm 85 carbs. Will it run at all? Describe the way it is running. Lots of guys here who can help but will need more info my man.
4/20/2016 3:27am
The bike will start up without any throttle and then rev really high I havnt been able to get it to run the same as it did before the bike had the carb removed to paintvthe frame it wasn't opened or adjusted atall
potatoflake
4/20/2016 6:51am
The bike will start up without any throttle and then rev really high I havnt been able to get it to run the same as it...
The bike will start up without any throttle and then rev really high I havnt been able to get it to run the same as it did before the bike had the carb removed to paintvthe frame it wasn't opened or adjusted atall
Did you put it back on correctly? Maybe you could talk to your local mechanic, I don't see anything missing but like jhansen I'm not familiar with rm85 carbs
Dtat720
4/20/2016 7:00am
It isnt missing anything. Most likely you put the slide in 180 degrees out and its not sitting all the way in the throat. So when you crank it, its already at half throttle without twisting the grip. Make sure the slide sits all the way down the throat when you put it together.
4/20/2016 7:42am
The Slide is in the right way and seated all way down it opens and closes ok when throttle is twisted But I'm gona have another look at it now and see what happens
4/20/2016 9:09am Edited Date/Time 4/23/2016 1:04pm
Not sure exactly what you are talking about. On smaller size carbs there isn't anything in this passages, on larger cars there is. Things I would check are: the carb slide bottoms out when you let go of the throttle (you will hear a clunk when released). If this works correctly I would next check the pilot jet to make sure it isn't clogged (this wouldn't explain the wide open throttle but hard starting). The next thing is to look at the spark plug and see if it is white or grey color, this would show an air leak so checking the intake manifold and gasket for a tear or not mounted correctly and then the left hand main crank seal. What you described in your first post makes it sound like a nipple for a breather/ over flow line in either the carb or the crankcase. But this would nota wide open throttle. Again if the slide was put in wrong that can be the cause. If you look at the slide the 1/2 moon cut faces the air cleaner (back). I hope this helps and get you back riding.

Post a reply to: What's this for and what's missing?

The Latest