What do fork pressure springs do?

Edited Date/Time 2/17/2015 1:14am
Factory Connection suspension sells different rate fork pressure springs. What do they do/ how do they work?

They also sell different rate shock high speed compression adjuster springs. What do they do/ how do they work? Gimmicks?

I am asking because it is not clear if I need them or how I would benefit from changing them in a 2012 CRF450. How would you have any idea what rate you need, if you cant identify a problem like you would with the wrong rate main fork spring being too hard or soft.

thx,
mike
|
sandman768
2/15/2015 5:48am
I use F/C for all my bikes, just call them & discuss what you want to do, the have setups for everyone. The good thing with F/C is, if you dont like the setup, they will revalve again for free. I had my 13 crf 450 forks revalved 2 times before I felt they were working good for me. Your weight, skill level & terrain where you will ride will determine the setup. with that said, I did put lighter pressure springs in my 08 crf 450 & it did help ease harshness on square edged hits.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
2/16/2015 1:07pm
They prevent cavitation and affect plushness on braking and square edge bumps. Pressure spring rates should be balanced with your valving.

Here is a chart with recommended rates as well.

2/16/2015 4:35pm
Thanks Jeremy!

Anyone know what the pressure spring rate is on a stock 2012 CRF450?

mike

The Shop

Post a reply to: What do fork pressure springs do?

The Latest