What Would You Pay For This Mint '98 CR500

Edited Date/Time 4/17/2014 5:41am
I found this bad boy on my local craigslist. I know how much he is asking, I just want to know what the motocross community would think is a fair price for this one. Would it be relatively easy to find spare parts for it?

|
bd
4/16/2014 9:56pm
$3,000 cash. Have it on had, if he wont take it, walk.

That bike doesn't have man hours on it
scooter5002
4/17/2014 5:41am
A little overpriced, but what is it worth to YOU? Two questions: first, are you buying it to ride? Second, what's a bike worth that you might pay a little too much for (assuming you get it for 3G, maybe even pay full pop) when you buy it, but save on maintenance over the life of ownership? I can tell you from years of experience that these bikes need trans oil changes, clean filters and almost nothing else. I rode the shit out of my 500's in the mid 90's, 2 days a week, usually 2 - 2 1/2 hours saddle time every time I was out, minimum, pounding out motos. The motors on those things are indestructible, I have a hard time believing you could accumulate those kind of hours on any 450 without doing a top end at the end of every season.
The third question would be, have you ever ridden one, do you know what you're getting into? A lot of theses bikes were ridden a couple of times and parked, owner said they were way too powerful and put up for sale. Don't overpay for something if you're going to wind up selling it, you'll lose your ass on it, or wind up having it taking up space in your garage.

Post a reply to: What Would You Pay For This Mint '98 CR500

The Latest