Talon hubs RM250

Edited Date/Time 4/11/2012 5:38am
I got a set of wheels with talon hubs for my RM250. I have a problem with the tire been really close to the chain. The wheel also sits slightly off center in the swing arm and sits more to the sprocket side. I have checked to make sure I have the spacers the correct way around and the hubs are for the bike. Could the incorrect spokes cause this problem? I am baffled as the hub sits perfect in the brake caliper and the chain runs dead straight from the front to rear sprocket.

In the pic you can see how close the chain is to the tire.
|
Digger29
4/6/2012 10:39am
Had the same problem when I built my Talon wheels for my RM250. I brought the wheels over to the guy who built my RM & he loosened everything up & basically just shifted the rim over a bit to center it with the hub if that makes sense. I had had it whisker off center & it looked just like what your dealing with right now. It's dead nuts in the middle now too.. :-)
4/6/2012 7:49pm
Thanks a million Digger!! I loosened up all the spokes and managed to get it in the center and it is all good now. Will ride the bike and if I see the chain is still snagging on the tire. I was pretty puzzled by it and thought I had the wrong spacers or something. I tried contacting Talon but their support is hopeless.
Whorehay
4/8/2012 2:17pm
yeah.. spokes are miss installed. I believe its referred to as the "dish" of the wheel to a wheel builder. I hear sometimes there a different spoke kits for different "dish"...
Digger29
4/9/2012 10:18am
No problem & feel free to hit me up if you have any other problems or you need help cuz even though I buy a 450 every other year I also end up selling it & getting back on an RM250. Ive had a lot of them & know a lot about them :-)

The Shop

4/11/2012 5:38am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2012 5:40am
rode this weekend and all good. ran two tanks of avgas and it smelt so good. love my two stroke but it is a lot different to a RMZ250.

Post a reply to: Talon hubs RM250

The Latest