Swap SSS 250F or 125 for 05 yz125?

Tumblin
Weather and seasonal seat time has me asking for your set up opinions. I just slapped on a low hour 06 YZ250F's legs on the front and rear of my (my son's lol) 05 YZ125. I only played in the woods with it once and it certainly is lacking the cush of the stock lightly sprung AOS's. But I want a set up that works well for moto also and now I have another set (Forks & Shock) from an 08 YZ125. The 250F is just broke in, basically under 10 hours. The 125 certainly had several seasons, but are unmolested and in great shape with no leaks or nicks in tubes (upper have several but are shallow and don't impair performance that I can tell stroking them).
I'm 6' 185# with gear...58 - Old! but pretty damn speedy or 40 fast class and well in leaders roost if I'm not spitting back at them with my pea shooter. I'll sell the set I'm not going to keep and if I have to go through them and change springs the 250F's may bring the biggest bill - All important for my moto play money that STILL gets managed like I'm still a pour dirt biker chasing across the country...sad but true. (I get that from my upbringing...but that's another thread).
What set should I focus on?
|

Post a reply to: Swap SSS 250F or 125 for 05 yz125?

The Latest