Subframe bent

4/17/2014 10:06am
It's best to do it on the bike so you don't have to wrestle with it on the ground, which I have done and sucks. Get a piece of metal pipe or what ever you got and put it over the side of bent subframe and the longer the more leverage you get too.
Johnston1
4/17/2014 12:21pm
Lay the bike down on it's side and use blocks of wood under the subframe it hold it up then stand on the frame and jump on it a little that's the best way I have found to get it back if it's bent to the side
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
3920th
4/18/2014 2:28pm
B1LL31 wrote:
I took a pretty good digger last week and bent my subframe. I've tried getting it straightened out but haven't been able to get it back...
I took a pretty good digger last week and bent my subframe. I've tried getting it straightened out but haven't been able to get it back to normal. Any suggestions? Is it best to try and bend with it still on the bike or off?
I've bent mine before to. I got one for $100 on Ebay. Its aluminum, once its bent, you don't wanna try to bend it back. All your doing is making it weaker & on a dirtbike you don't want weak sections in your frame. Its not worth the risk. Dirtbikes take such a beating hauling ass through rough off road stuff or hitting huge jumps & whoops at the track. Reason I say this is because when I bent mine I thought the same thing. I took it to my mechanic to ask him if he could straighten it out for me. He made it very clear it was something I didn't want to do. Hospital bills would cost alot more than used sub-frame off Ebay.
mx5471
4/18/2014 2:37pm
Try putting it in the oven and heating it up. A former pro mechanic says they spring back to the original configuration.

The Shop

4/18/2014 2:47pm
Use the force... Looks like it is strong with you! Jk. ;-) we always used a conduit bender, (dad was an electrician)...

Post a reply to: Subframe bent

The Latest