Strapless Tiedowns

okbyenow
Edited Date/Time 4/3/2015 7:10pm
We are getting a new trailer and are looking at options for strapless tiedowns. Does anyone use them or have any recommendation (or brands to stay clear of)?

We saw moto-cinch, but it looks like they might be out of business. We also saw the Lock-n-Load from Risk Racing that look interesting..anybody know of others?
|
YamiRy239
4/1/2015 6:32am

This works well for us. The bikes don't move around at all.
Uncle Tony
4/1/2015 7:53am
I used a bike shoe for some time, still needed one tie down to keep the bike steady, very hard on your front wheel bearings
Paw Paw 271
4/1/2015 8:13am
I have been using Bike Shoes for many years. In my trailer, my truck and even built one into a trailer hitch carrier and I have never had an issue with wheel bearings or with a bike coming loosed during transport. They are the best in my mind. No extra straps needed.

Paw Paw

The Shop

slipdog
4/1/2015 8:44am
YamiRy239 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/04/01/85777/s1200_FB_IMG_1427894976243.jpg[/img] This works well for us. The bikes don't move around at all.

Did that for years with my box van, but used adjustable hooks instead of tie downs. Super easy and keeps the load off the bike.

pete24
4/1/2015 8:55am
Uncle Tony wrote:
I used a bike shoe for some time, still needed one tie down to keep the bike steady, very hard on your front wheel bearings
you ride a bike from the 80s, it probably has front wheel bushings!, any way come to my trailer this year ill show you two bike shoes in it no extra tie downs and no wheel bearing problems, been running this set up since 2010
Uncle Tony
4/1/2015 8:59am
Uncle Tony wrote:
pete24 wrote:
you ride a bike from the 80s, it probably has front wheel bushings!, any way come to my trailer this year ill show you two bike...
you ride a bike from the 80s, it probably has front wheel bushings!, any way come to my trailer this year ill show you two bike shoes in it no extra tie downs and no wheel bearing problems, been running this set up since 2010
I will, Pete I live in New York brother remember?our roads are not very friendly, hope to see you Sunday at wick
ebers
Fantasy
250th
4/1/2015 3:02pm
YamiRy239 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/04/01/85777/s1200_FB_IMG_1427894976243.jpg[/img] This works well for us. The bikes don't move around at all.

slipdog wrote:
Did that for years with my box van, but used adjustable hooks instead of tie downs. Super easy and keeps the load off the bike. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/04/01/85787/s1200_hooks.jpg[/img]
Did that for years with my box van, but used adjustable hooks instead of tie downs. Super easy and keeps the load off the bike.

I'm thinking of going this route with my next trailer set-up soon, the only question I have, is does this lead to any premature wear causing slop in the footpegs/pins?

Traveling the east coast with the setup so they'd be tightened like that for many miles..
slipdog
4/1/2015 4:11pm
ebers wrote:
I'm thinking of going this route with my next trailer set-up soon, the only question I have, is does this lead to any premature wear causing...
I'm thinking of going this route with my next trailer set-up soon, the only question I have, is does this lead to any premature wear causing slop in the footpegs/pins?

Traveling the east coast with the setup so they'd be tightened like that for many miles..
My dad and I did many trips from NorCal to The World mini, Ponca and LL's when i was on mini's and never had a problem. When I moved to big bikes I did have some slop in my KX pegs over time, but looking around, everyone with Kawasaki's in the early '90's had sloppy foot pegs, lol
okbyenow
4/1/2015 5:39pm
slipdog wrote:
Did that for years with my box van, but used adjustable hooks instead of tie downs. Super easy and keeps the load off the bike. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/04/01/85787/s1200_hooks.jpg[/img]

Thanks for the ideas...with the adjustable hooks..did you remove from the trailer often? We have a side-by-side that we will be using the trailer for too..so we need something that we can easily take in/out.
slipdog
4/2/2015 2:39pm
okbyenow wrote:
Thanks for the ideas...with the adjustable hooks..did you remove from the trailer often? We have a side-by-side that we will be using the trailer for too..so...
Thanks for the ideas...with the adjustable hooks..did you remove from the trailer often? We have a side-by-side that we will be using the trailer for too..so we need something that we can easily take in/out.
We had these removable floor hooks anchored in multiple spots on the floor. When we unloaded you could just pop the hooks off the floor or move them to a different spot to anchor something else down.

http://www.motosport.com/ancra-removable-tie-down-anchor

markit
4/2/2015 5:41pm
ebers wrote:
I'm thinking of going this route with my next trailer set-up soon, the only question I have, is does this lead to any premature wear causing...

slipdog wrote:
My dad and I did many trips from NorCal to The World mini, Ponca and LL's when i was on mini's and never had a problem...
My dad and I did many trips from NorCal to The World mini, Ponca and LL's when i was on mini's and never had a problem. When I moved to big bikes I did have some slop in my KX pegs over time, but looking around, everyone with Kawasaki's in the early '90's had sloppy foot pegs, lol
I raced kx 250s in the 90s the pegs Sucked my Hodoka super rat had better pegs. I did the stands W good Fly straps.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
4/3/2015 7:10pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
pete24 wrote:
you ride a bike from the 80s, it probably has front wheel bushings!, any way come to my trailer this year ill show you two bike...
I have 2 bike shoes in the back of my van. Been using them for 20 years. I also use tie downs on the bikes lightly to keep them from swaying. If I don't use the tie downs the bikes will sway 6" or more side to side and the bars will bang into the walls. You can't hear it back in your trailer but I can hear it in my van. Can't be good for the wheel bearings.

Post a reply to: Strapless Tiedowns

The Latest