Starting and running fault

Edited Date/Time 4/18/2016 12:56pm
I stripped my rm 85 to put new graphics on and on removal of the carburettor a little metal piece dropped on the floor, I showed it to a guy at he bike shop he said it was deffo not from the carb but now the bike is together it doesn't run, I got it started and it revved very high until I cut it off then wouldn't run atall. On the air side of carb is 3 small holes 1 has a gold plug in it the piece that dropped out I think might have dropped from 1 of these holes is this right ? Should there be a little metal piece in there coz I don't have it anymore coz the guy in the shop told me it wasn't from a carburetor I didn't keep hold of it, any help be heat coz I havnt got a clue
|
4/17/2016 5:30pm
colintrax wrote:
Post some pictures
I didn't keep the bit that fell out but it looked like 1 of these and had a small hole in 1 end
4/17/2016 5:32pm
colintrax wrote:
Post some pictures
I didn't keep the bit that fell out but it looked like 1 of these and had a small hole in 1 end and if u look at the carb the holes there is where I thought it might have came from

4/17/2016 5:36pm
The bike was stripped down for new graphics and to paint the frame the carb wasn't touched but it was running before disassembly this is my bike and I have only been on it once for 10min and it run great

The Shop

jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
4/17/2016 5:53pm
Why the hell would you throw something out of you thought it could be from the carb? Open carb up and take pics so we can see what's potentially missing.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
4/17/2016 6:12pm
jhansen510 wrote:
Why the hell would you throw something out of you thought it could be from the carb? Open carb up and take pics so we can...
Why the hell would you throw something out of you thought it could be from the carb? Open carb up and take pics so we can see what's potentially missing.
X2
4/17/2016 6:18pm
I showed the guy in the bike shop who repairs bikes and he said 100% it wasn't from a carburetor so I binned it wish I didn't now lol il have to look in the bag out the back for it tommorow, is there anything in a carb that looks like that piece then ?
4/18/2016 12:56pm
Here's some pics I took today could anyone let me no if there is anything missing that should be there.

Post a reply to: Starting and running fault

The Latest