Some KTM eye candy...

KTMShane699
Edited Date/Time 2/1/2016 1:39pm
Some of you might remember my build from my 2014 KTM 250SX. I've finally gotten to ride it a bit and made some changes. Biggest change was putting a 14T front sprocket on it. Made the gears way longer and much more fun to ride.

I have a V-Force 4 coming for it hopefully this week. Looking forward to getting to ride it with that change.

And lastly I took my Factory Suspension off and put an Ohlins RXF fork on it and an Ohlins TTX shock. I have NOT gotten to ride it yet with the new suspension since I put it on last night. I'm hoping to ride tomorrow or this week if the weather permits.

Enjoy!!!

Shane

|
3/29/2014 2:17pm
Looks great buddy! Make sure you keep me updated on the ohlins. And if u have any questions tex me or call 8482102782
JBernard_401
3/29/2014 5:44pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2014 5:46pm
kept your stock rear sprocket? 48T right?
i just switched over to a 14/50T on my 300SX, gonna try it out tomorrow hopefully.

what chain are you running? i tried the 14T up front with an DID X Ring and it wouldnt clear the slave cylinder easily. sucks they run that so tight clearance up there. makes it a pain in the ass doing anything besides stock. bad design.

The Shop

3/29/2014 6:15pm
Looks awesome. Looks like you have orange side plates which I assume makes the back of the air box orange rather than white?

What brand is it where did you order it from? Want to get a black one.
KTMShane699
3/30/2014 7:32am
689 wrote:
Looks awesome. Looks like you have orange side plates which I assume makes the back of the air box orange rather than white? What brand is...
Looks awesome. Looks like you have orange side plates which I assume makes the back of the air box orange rather than white?

What brand is it where did you order it from? Want to get a black one.
Thanks! Yeah, my airbox is orange. It's the only way to change the side panel color. The orange airbox is made by Acerbis and the orange mudflap is made by cycra. KTM Power Parts makes the airbox in either black or white. I want to say the Acerbis airbox retails for about $70. But I might be wrong on that.

Shane
KTMShane699
3/30/2014 7:36am
kept your stock rear sprocket? 48T right? i just switched over to a 14/50T on my 300SX, gonna try it out tomorrow hopefully. what chain are...
i just switched over to a 14/50T on my 300SX, gonna try it out tomorrow hopefully.

what chain are you running? i tried the 14T up front with an DID X Ring and it wouldnt clear the slave cylinder easily. sucks they run that so tight clearance up there. makes it a pain in the ass doing anything besides stock. bad design.
I did keep the stock rear sprocket. And I'm also using the stock chain for now. I didn't want to swap them out until I settled on the gearing.

Digger swears by the 14/50 gearing. We both agree the 13T front is way wrong. I'm debating trying a 14/49. I do like the long gears. It's just a bit unforgiving if it falls off the pipe by being in the wrong gear. So far I've found that a quick stab of the clutch and it's back on.

I don't run o-ring chains, so I shouldn't have any clearance issues.

Let me know what you think of the 14/50.

Shane
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
3/30/2014 9:41am
Does factory suspension = stock suspension?
KTMShane699
3/30/2014 10:02am
jhansen510 wrote:
Does factory suspension = stock suspension?
Factory suspension was my stuck stuff that was revolved by Factory Connection. Factory Connection did valving, springs, oil lock collars and a spring seat on the shock.

Shane
JBernard_401
3/30/2014 2:24pm
kept your stock rear sprocket? 48T right? i just switched over to a 14/50T on my 300SX, gonna try it out tomorrow hopefully. what chain are...

I did keep the stock rear sprocket. And I'm also using the stock chain for now. I didn't want to swap them out until I settled...
I did keep the stock rear sprocket. And I'm also using the stock chain for now. I didn't want to swap them out until I settled on the gearing.

Digger swears by the 14/50 gearing. We both agree the 13T front is way wrong. I'm debating trying a 14/49. I do like the long gears. It's just a bit unforgiving if it falls off the pipe by being in the wrong gear. So far I've found that a quick stab of the clutch and it's back on.

I don't run o-ring chains, so I shouldn't have any clearance issues.

Let me know what you think of the 14/50.

Shane
just got done riding with the 14/50 setup. digger described it as more 'punch' when i talked to him before pulling the trigger on it.....WOW, yeh punchy is right. turned the bike into something completely different. Granted i have the 300sx, but this thing is an animal now. i wouldnt go as far to say its terrifying, but its scary to ride. it pulls so hard and the midrange is just brutal.
Hal_Simpson
1/29/2016 11:53am
You bike looks great man. How do you like the RXF / TTX set up now that you have had time on it? What color is your frame? Stock KTM Orange?
Meister
1/29/2016 2:16pm
I went with the digger special and felt it could not have been better. I loved that bike.
KTMShane699
2/1/2016 1:39pm
You bike looks great man. How do you like the RXF / TTX set up now that you have had time on it? What color is...
You bike looks great man. How do you like the RXF / TTX set up now that you have had time on it? What color is your frame? Stock KTM Orange?
The frame was powder coated RAL2009. Any powder coating shop should be able to replicate it.

And the suspension was great. I actually don't have the bike any more. I sold it after I broke my leg. I only have my 450 now. The Ohlins stuff was really good though. The bike tracked straight and soaked everything up perfectly. The bike never did anything funny. It was worth every penny.

Thanks for the compliments.

Shane

Post a reply to: Some KTM eye candy...

The Latest