Renthal Twin Wall question.

mx510
Fantasy
1707th
I recently got a set of twin walls for real cheap. I love the bend, but they are pretty rigid. I have heard that some guys cut the cross bar on these bars to gain some flex. Has anyone done this, if so, how did it turn out? Thanks.
|
HenryA
9/21/2016 1:22pm
You can remove the cross bar and give it a try before you cut it Smile
mxb2
9/21/2016 2:53pm
Sell them, buy some odi bars.
Fearo
9/22/2016 2:22am
Cutting is done by some pro's, likely because Renthal wants the team to run Twinwalls but the riders want to run Fatbars.

Renthal says you can remove the crossbar giving the bars something like 6% more flex and 1% more rigidity over Fatbars.

This may be in my head but I ran Twinwalls for years and would never go back, the fatbars are so much more forgiving, although I would like to try the Protaper Fuzion as well.
RyanLester761
9/22/2016 2:54pm
Speaking of Twinwall bars, I always wondered if the end pieces would slide out of the bars. Does anyone know if they are fuzed together somehow or what?

The Shop

BobPA
9/22/2016 10:09pm
mxb2 wrote:
I strongly disagree with this. I bought a set of ODI's fat bars with the crossbar pad. Half hour into the ride I have a relatively mellow get off, bike falls but I stay on my feet. I picked my bike up and you would have thought I yarded it in fourth gear. They bent up to where the bike was nearly unridable back to the truck. Luckily I was riding with a parts unlimited rep and he saw the whole thing, I filed for a warranty claim (if I did not have his testimony to just tipping over they would have told me to pound sand). I received a new set and sold them, silly me trying to save a buck.
mxb2
9/23/2016 6:14am
mxb2 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
I strongly disagree with this. I bought a set of ODI's fat bars with the crossbar pad. Half hour into the ride I have a relatively...
I strongly disagree with this. I bought a set of ODI's fat bars with the crossbar pad. Half hour into the ride I have a relatively mellow get off, bike falls but I stay on my feet. I picked my bike up and you would have thought I yarded it in fourth gear. They bent up to where the bike was nearly unridable back to the truck. Luckily I was riding with a parts unlimited rep and he saw the whole thing, I filed for a warranty claim (if I did not have his testimony to just tipping over they would have told me to pound sand). I received a new set and sold them, silly me trying to save a buck.
That sucks, knock on wood , mine have been good to go . That being said I like the twin walls also.

Post a reply to: Renthal Twin Wall question.

The Latest