RaceTech Suspension

YZfan1230
Edited Date/Time 3/29/2016 10:45am
Hey everyone, I've been looking at the spring rates for new fork springs for my bike. After doing some research I found out that some of the measurements are off a little. Can someone explain this and whether it is true or not? Thanks!
|
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
3/29/2016 7:40am
Can you explain a bit more about what you are hearing or give an example? I'd be happy to help answer any questions.
YZfan1230
3/29/2016 7:46am
I've been hearing that the sizes of springs that are on the calculator. For example, some riders getting results on a stiffer spring when they actually want a softer spring for their style of riding. I'm a heavy rider at 260 and I'm a junior rider. But the calculator is giving me calculations that points toward a lighter spring and I'm wondering if this is common. Any suggestions on what springs I should have for my riding and weight?
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
3/29/2016 10:45am
Not just Race Tech, but hundreds of installers world wide use the calculator regularly when building suspension as a business, as well as riders getting their recommendations as well; so typically if there is an issue we hear about it pretty quickly.

If you'd like to email me over your make/model/year, rider weight, skill level, type of riding I'd be more than happy to double check the recommendation for you.

Spring rates are calculated mathematically based on creating a balance front and rear and to get sag/preload numbers where we recommend them based on our R&D/testing.

My email is chris@racetech.com if you'd like me to double check rates for you.

Post a reply to: RaceTech Suspension

The Latest