PROJECT: Factory Suzuki RM250 04 Replica FINISHED page 4

3/13/2016 5:16pm
If saving weight is a priority on this build. GutsGuts racing is an awesome company. They ran me off a custom guts phantom seat foam for my suzuki rm 125
3/13/2016 5:25pm
If saving weight is a priority on this build. GutsGuts racing is an awesome company. They ran me off a custom guts phantom seat foam for...
If saving weight is a priority on this build. GutsGuts racing is an awesome company. They ran me off a custom guts phantom seat foam for my suzuki rm 125
In the ideal world i would love to have some phantom foam under my butt but going to use the stock foam as it seems like new still. Not overly focused on weight saving, this is going to seem so light compared to my 450 anyway.
Trav138
3/13/2016 10:22pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2016 10:24pm
mattman631 wrote:
I look forward to watching the build. I too have been bitten by the Yellow Fever, however it is getting difficult to find parts for these...
I look forward to watching the build. I too have been bitten by the Yellow Fever, however it is getting difficult to find parts for these yellow machines. Most OEM parts are back ordered which is super inconvenient.
Matt what parts are difficult to get? Also what do you mean exactly by back ordered?
I ordered a bunch of Tranny parts through Partzilla and Motosport and they usually ship in a week.
Most parts will come from Suzuki warehouse for dealers and online retailers.
Are there any Specific OEM parts for the rm 250s that you couldn't get? and are limited?
I always see it posted that oem parts are drying up and this and that but i havn't seen that so far, on my end at least. But i havn't ordered any oem engine parts in awhile so who knows
mattman631
3/14/2016 6:03am
Trav138 wrote:
Matt what parts are difficult to get? Also what do you mean exactly by back ordered? I ordered a bunch of Tranny parts through Partzilla and...
Matt what parts are difficult to get? Also what do you mean exactly by back ordered?
I ordered a bunch of Tranny parts through Partzilla and Motosport and they usually ship in a week.
Most parts will come from Suzuki warehouse for dealers and online retailers.
Are there any Specific OEM parts for the rm 250s that you couldn't get? and are limited?
I always see it posted that oem parts are drying up and this and that but i havn't seen that so far, on my end at least. But i havn't ordered any oem engine parts in awhile so who knows
No I have not ran into any parts I couldnt get. Most OEM parts are 4-8 days out before they ship, but that annoys me. Last monday I ordered some new power valve parts that I have to have in order to race this coming weekend. I checked most major retailers and they were all on the same 3-4, 4-8 etc before shipping. I ordered from Partzilla, and the final piece was supposed to be available today so im keeping my fingers crossed that the parts make it in time for this weekends race.

The Shop

3/15/2016 5:11pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2016 5:17pm
I have been waiting on getting the glide plate so we can weld the mounts to the frame before powder coating. Postman just turned up with my lightspeed order so we can now get started on the frame Smile

3/16/2016 3:07pm
Mocking up tabs for a case guard as well? Factory 2 smokers had them. Pro circuit makes an aftermarket link for rm 250 as well
3/16/2016 3:12pm
Mocking up tabs for a case guard as well? Factory 2 smokers had them. Pro circuit makes an aftermarket link for rm 250 as well
You must be bugging my phone dbrunski125! Trying to chase down a water pump case guard.
3/16/2016 3:22pm
You must be bugging my phone dbrunski125! Trying to chase down a water pump case guard.
I have one. I've welded the tabs to my frame, but I'm using a different guard ( friend of mine is going to cnc me a custom one) you could have mine if you wanted. Would just have to ship from Canada which is a pain in the a $$

Crush
3/16/2016 5:43pm
Joshy have you got a boyesen supercooler for this thing?
3/16/2016 5:47pm
I have one. I've welded the tabs to my frame, but I'm using a different guard ( friend of mine is going to cnc me a...
I have one. I've welded the tabs to my frame, but I'm using a different guard ( friend of mine is going to cnc me a custom one) you could have mine if you wanted. Would just have to ship from Canada which is a pain in the a $$

That looks slightly different to the factory ones or is it just mounted too far down towards the clutch cover? original factory ones protected the water pump.
3/16/2016 5:49pm
Crush wrote:
Now why did you just have to go and mention that to me?! Smile I was just going to leave it stock.
3/16/2016 5:54pm
I have one. I've welded the tabs to my frame, but I'm using a different guard ( friend of mine is going to cnc me a...

That looks slightly different to the factory ones or is it just mounted too far down towards the clutch cover? original factory ones protected the water...
That looks slightly different to the factory ones or is it just mounted too far down towards the clutch cover? original factory ones protected the water pump.
It's a 1998 to 2000 rm 125 case guard from works connection. It doesn't fit my 2004 rm 125 frame properly hence why I'm having my friend cnc me one. I've seen this exact guard fit well on the rm 250 frame. Protects the water pump well.

Crush
3/16/2016 8:54pm
Crush wrote:
Now why did you just have to go and mention that to me?! Smile I was just going to leave it stock.
Cause i've got one! hehehe
3/17/2016 6:14am
liamjumper wrote:
I got a set of Red Ride engineering triple clamps from my RM125 build. They're mint, if you want them you can have em for 250...
I got a set of Red Ride engineering triple clamps from my RM125 build. They're mint, if you want them you can have em for 250 bucks.
Are those clamps 20 mm offset? If they are I'll take em off your hands
3/25/2016 3:19pm
any updates?
Just playing the waiting game at the moment. All the parts needed to start the build are here. Frame is getting done as we speak. Will hopefully get some pictures next week.
HackMan162
3/26/2016 10:55am
I have been waiting on getting the glide plate so we can weld the mounts to the frame before powder coating. Postman just turned up with...
I have been waiting on getting the glide plate so we can weld the mounts to the frame before powder coating. Postman just turned up with my lightspeed order so we can now get started on the frame Smile

I just noticed in the pic, the frame tabs for the glide plate. Did you get those from LightSpeed, or???

Thanks!
3/28/2016 5:16pm
HackMan162 wrote:
I just noticed in the pic, the frame tabs for the glide plate. Did you get those from LightSpeed, or???

Thanks!
Iightspeed provided the tabs, very helpful to deal with. Only received 3 though so looks like we will be fabricating something ourselves anyway.
digger
Fantasy
3883rd
3/28/2016 6:24pm
Iightspeed provided the tabs, very helpful to deal with. Only received 3 though so looks like we will be fabricating something ourselves anyway.
How long did it take you to receive the frame guards ? I've been waiting a month now for mine, and they won't answer my emails to give me a time frame as to when I should expect them.
3/28/2016 6:56pm
digger wrote:
How long did it take you to receive the frame guards ? I've been waiting a month now for mine, and they won't answer my emails...
How long did it take you to receive the frame guards ? I've been waiting a month now for mine, and they won't answer my emails to give me a time frame as to when I should expect them.
I was told they would be on back order for around 3-4 weeks but got a nice surprise when i opened the parcel. Best to call lightspeed, i had the same experience but they were extremely helpful over the phone.
jeffro503
3/28/2016 11:34pm
Great build Chambers! Middle of giving my 06' RM an over hall as well. I sure wish i could of found a set of the light speed lower fork gaurds. Also really would like to locate a CF chain block as well.
3/29/2016 12:55am
jeffro503 wrote:
Great build Chambers! Middle of giving my 06' RM an over hall as well. I sure wish i could of found a set of the light...
Great build Chambers! Middle of giving my 06' RM an over hall as well. I sure wish i could of found a set of the light speed lower fork gaurds. Also really would like to locate a CF chain block as well.
I have seen your build, very nice Jeffro! Check out Luca from FMFMX from Italy. He makes a whole heap of CF parts for the RM's. Luca made me a CF ignition cover which I should receive tomorrow and put up a photo of. Really nice guy to work with.
YZ125H1
3/29/2016 4:45am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2016 4:46am
digger wrote:
How long did it take you to receive the frame guards ? I've been waiting a month now for mine, and they won't answer my emails...
You order directly from LS? I did and got them in a week. They sent me the wrong guards first was a slight hassle returning them. Sent an email then called apparently they never reply to emails. I got the right guards just wish they had better cs. Fitment is good had to slightly modify the one bolt hole and my Kickstart rubs guard when going down. Not a huge issue they look really trick and protect the frame paint a lot.

A dsp carbon ignition cover would be the tits tho.
3/29/2016 6:41am
jeffro503 wrote:
Great build Chambers! Middle of giving my 06' RM an over hall as well. I sure wish i could of found a set of the light...
I have seen your build, very nice Jeffro! Check out Luca from FMFMX from Italy. He makes a whole heap of CF parts for the RM's...
I have seen your build, very nice Jeffro! Check out Luca from FMFMX from Italy. He makes a whole heap of CF parts for the RM's. Luca made me a CF ignition cover which I should receive tomorrow and put up a photo of. Really nice guy to work with.
I was thinking about ordering one for my rm 125 from him. have any concerns when it comes to durability using a cf ignition cover?

Is this bike actually going to be ridden or just a garage queen?
mxb2
3/29/2016 6:42am
Lightspeed service sucks, never anything in stock. Not sure how they stay in business.
digger
Fantasy
3883rd
3/29/2016 9:44am
YZ125H1 wrote:
You order directly from LS? I did and got them in a week. They sent me the wrong guards first was a slight hassle returning them...
You order directly from LS? I did and got them in a week. They sent me the wrong guards first was a slight hassle returning them. Sent an email then called apparently they never reply to emails. I got the right guards just wish they had better cs. Fitment is good had to slightly modify the one bolt hole and my Kickstart rubs guard when going down. Not a huge issue they look really trick and protect the frame paint a lot.

A dsp carbon ignition cover would be the tits tho.
Yes, I ordered them directly from their website, I figured I would eliminate the middle man and get them directly from the source to save a little time possibly. I guess I was wrong apparently. It's not really that critical at the moment, as my frame and wheel hubs have been tied up at the powder coaters for the last 6 weeks....Nothing has been easy with this build.
3/29/2016 4:12pm
I was thinking about ordering one for my rm 125 from him. have any concerns when it comes to durability using a cf ignition cover? Is...
I was thinking about ordering one for my rm 125 from him. have any concerns when it comes to durability using a cf ignition cover?

Is this bike actually going to be ridden or just a garage queen?
speak of the devil, look what just turned up! Don't have any concerns with durability, maybe if it was an enduro bike.

This bike will be ridden but by no means is it my primary race bike. Purely my idealistic two stroke build which I will hold onto and give it a burn every now and then.

On a negative note, i had a practice accident on the weekend and have small undisplaced fractures of my L2 and L3. A flag marshal would have been useful. Looks like this bike will be ready before I am (6 weeks or so).

Teej317
Fantasy
2087th
4/11/2016 8:39am
Playing the waiting game at the moment with parts but I was able to clean up the subframe and radiators. Apart from a few folded fins...
Playing the waiting game at the moment with parts but I was able to clean up the subframe and radiators. Apart from a few folded fins it all looks like new.

Seat ready to be recovered. Stock foam seems fine still.

What did you use to clean these up?

Post a reply to: PROJECT: Factory Suzuki RM250 04 Replica FINISHED page 4

The Latest