Ohlins inserts for a 15 CRF450?

mike546
Hi is there anyone out there using Ohlins cartridges on a 2015 CRF450? I just picked the bike up and it's been revalve by FC but I would really like to try the cartridges. I hate to shell out $1500 if they aren't going to make the forks better.
Mike
|
jaredkeller96
7/4/2016 11:24am
Just buy some CRF250 spring forks off eBay then revalve. gonna be cheaper
mike546
7/4/2016 1:34pm
I hear what you are saying Jared. I rode a friends KTM with Ohlins and it felt great. I've had plenty of CRF's with spring forks which were good but if the inserts are better I dont mind paying a few dollars more.
NeedMoto
7/4/2016 5:15pm
I put the Showa springers on my 13 CRF450. Work excellent, never looked back! Take into consideration, that you'll have more tuners familiar with the Showa's than the Ohlins, for either mods or available part's.

The Shop

crc245
7/4/2016 6:01pm
Hi Mike,

I've ridden a few sets done by Steve P. at STR here in SoCal and they're much better than the stock PSF 2's. They work so well that he has them on his personal 15' CRF450. No air headaches and once you get them set-up, they're excellent. For the price I always recommend searching for used A-Kit as you're investing in a second set of suspension with better resale, but the Ohlins work well enough that I'd consider them without hesitation. I believe you can always put them back to stock and keep the internals anyways. Best of luck and please keep us updated with the direction you go!

-Casey

STR (Shock Therapy) Motorsports
Tom711
7/11/2016 5:53pm
I've just this past week had ohlins cartridges fitted to my 16 crf 450. As much as I wanted the air forks to be good I hated them.
I raced Sunday with the ohlins cartridges fitted (I also had my shock revalved) and the difference was amazing. I've not touched a clicker yet, just rode them as they were set.
I went with ohlins cartridges because I figured when I sell the bike I could sell them separate and will probably only lose what it would of cost me for a good revalve.

Tom.
Bennett59
7/11/2016 10:14pm
crc245 wrote:
Hi Mike, I've ridden a few sets done by Steve P. at STR here in SoCal and they're much better than the stock PSF 2's. They...
Hi Mike,

I've ridden a few sets done by Steve P. at STR here in SoCal and they're much better than the stock PSF 2's. They work so well that he has them on his personal 15' CRF450. No air headaches and once you get them set-up, they're excellent. For the price I always recommend searching for used A-Kit as you're investing in a second set of suspension with better resale, but the Ohlins work well enough that I'd consider them without hesitation. I believe you can always put them back to stock and keep the internals anyways. Best of luck and please keep us updated with the direction you go!

-Casey

STR (Shock Therapy) Motorsports
Plus 1 on Steve at STR he did all my bikes besides my new one, he does a great job and does not try to sell you on what you don't need I stumbled upon a deal on Ohlins Rxf48 forks and rear shock, but I can't comment yet on how ohlins are as still waiting on springs to come in.
HenryA
7/12/2016 12:45am
The TTX Cartridge kit is really good for the money. Really good. And resale is also very good, like you said, buy it, use it, sell it.
mike546
7/12/2016 2:58am
Tom711 wrote:
I've just this past week had ohlins cartridges fitted to my 16 crf 450. As much as I wanted the air forks to be good I...
I've just this past week had ohlins cartridges fitted to my 16 crf 450. As much as I wanted the air forks to be good I hated them.
I raced Sunday with the ohlins cartridges fitted (I also had my shock revalved) and the difference was amazing. I've not touched a clicker yet, just rode them as they were set.
I went with ohlins cartridges because I figured when I sell the bike I could sell them separate and will probably only lose what it would of cost me for a good revalve.

Tom.
Tom did you install them yourself? I was told that you have to remove the bottom lugs to install spring seats. That's what is keeping me from pulling the trigger.
Tom711
7/12/2016 4:57am
mike546 wrote:
Tom did you install them yourself? I was told that you have to remove the bottom lugs to install spring seats. That's what is keeping me...
Tom did you install them yourself? I was told that you have to remove the bottom lugs to install spring seats. That's what is keeping me from pulling the trigger.
No Mike, I had them fitted. I'm sure there are manual downloads on the ohlins site, should clarify what is needed to be done for you.
Motofinne
7/14/2016 1:36pm
Tom711 wrote:
I've just this past week had ohlins cartridges fitted to my 16 crf 450. As much as I wanted the air forks to be good I...

Tom.
mike546 wrote:
Tom did you install them yourself? I was told that you have to remove the bottom lugs to install spring seats. That's what is keeping me...
I'm sure that a local suspension company will install them for around 50 bucks.
7/24/2016 1:02am
Any competent mechanic should be able to fit....................

Well worth the money. I never revalve, just buy Ohlins and sell separately when the bike goes. I've even sold bikes with the Ohlins still fitted. The purchaser see's a value in them unlike a revalve and pays a premium for the bike.

Post a reply to: Ohlins inserts for a 15 CRF450?

The Latest