Neken SFS

Yzf916
Edited Date/Time 11/7/2015 10:52pm
What pressure are you running? 175lb novice on 14.5 KTM 450sxf Factory Edition. Buddy I bought it from is around 195lbs and he ran around 90psi. But read MXA preferred 75psi. And as little as 65psi for slower riders. Thanks.
|
RussB
Fantasy
986th
11/5/2015 12:19am
I've found the SFS to be really adaptable via the pressures.
If you want to take the edge of braking bumps and chop, then run a lower pressure such as around 60PSI.
If you just want it to take the sting off the hard landings and big jumps then run higher pressures 75+.

I generally run mine around 60, sometimes 70/80 for faster, more jumpy tracks. I always use full travel but never feel it bottoming out as such. The damping on the clamps is awesome so dont be affraid to drop the pressures, they only move 10mm so you want to be using all of the travel ideally to make the most of the SFS system.
Charper732
11/5/2015 12:10pm Edited Date/Time 11/5/2015 12:14pm
70 psi seems to be the sweet spot for me. I can go as low as 65psi but they will start to bottom on harder landings.

Also, depending on what air gauge you are using, you loose quite a bit of air pressure when pulling the air chuck off the valve. Those chambers are small as hell so any air that leaks out translates to a lot of psi.

So its a good idea to pump it up to your desired air level, take it off, and then put it back on to see how much air you loose when doing this.

I use the progressive air pressure pump that screws on, I have to pump my SFS up to 87psi to maintain 70psi after I pull the pump off.

But besides all that, there is a o ring travel indicator on one of the shocks...adjust psi until you have full range of motion
Yzf916
11/5/2015 7:45pm
Thanks for the replies. Tried 80 today. Little movement. 70 about 1/8 movement. 60 about 1/4 inch movement. Really seems to help reduce front end slap if I land front high. Seems to help with breaking bumps a little too. Do you guys deflate between rides, then refill to desired pressure next ride? Or do they maintain set pressure for the duration? How low have you gone. Didn't detect any bottoming at 60. Thanks again for your help.
RussB
Fantasy
986th
11/6/2015 12:44am
Sounds as though 60PSI is your sweet spot too.

They maintain pressure well from my experience. I set at the beginning of the day, make adjustments as necessary and then leave until I ride the next weekend.

I use a works connection no loss adapter so in theory what I put in at the pump gauge is what goes into the clamps. You loose a ton of air from disconnect/re connect via the pump tubes so you can never really remeasure air pressure accurately.

I've gone as low as 40PSI at a friends flat corner track with no jumps with no issues. The SFS acts a lot like a fork in that they 'ramp up' towards the end of the stroke so they dont clunk or knock when they bottom out, well mine dont anyway.

The Shop

Charper732
11/7/2015 10:52pm
Just throwing this out there, incase you run into the same problem. I had the air chambers on my SFS become loose and the bar mounts started to wobble in the middle of a HS i was in. Neken told me to unscrew the chambers and put lock tight on them. There isn't a torque spec so just use your judgment there...I run a 2t and it vibrates like hell so that may be half the reason mine came loose.
bgpn35
10/12/2016 2:18pm
I just bought a nice set used on ebay for my 17 yz250f. I need a little help understanding these things as far as maintenance and if the chambers will move up to get a wrench on the steering stem nut to tighten it. I bought the neken air pump so I'm good to go as far as that. Thanks for any help!
RussB
Fantasy
986th
10/13/2016 12:00am
Maintenance wise these things are pretty easy. I just run a rag around each chamber after a ride to remove any dirt then give them a light spray with GT85 (any other thin oil would do).
They work noticeably smoother when lubed.

I don't have any issues getting a 32mm spanner on the steering stem nut with these clamps, maybe try a different tool?
bgpn35
10/13/2016 3:57am
RussB wrote:
Maintenance wise these things are pretty easy. I just run a rag around each chamber after a ride to remove any dirt then give them a...
Maintenance wise these things are pretty easy. I just run a rag around each chamber after a ride to remove any dirt then give them a light spray with GT85 (any other thin oil would do).
They work noticeably smoother when lubed.

I don't have any issues getting a 32mm spanner on the steering stem nut with these clamps, maybe try a different tool?
Thanks for the info! I bought a wrench a cycle gear since I always was able to use a socket before, I was just wanting to see what y'all where using before I start grinding the wrench down to fit in between the nut and the bar mount. Thanks again!

Post a reply to: Neken SFS

The Latest