My new ride seemed to sieze up! Please Help.

10/26/2014 7:36pm
I would drain the coolant and pull the the cylinder head off to to check for pitting on the piston and damage to the cylinder. If you want to have a quick peek and wait for help with that, pull the pipe off and look through the exhaust port. There may have been some detonation with regular gas which could have damaged the top end. I would guess the clutch is a separate issue. It's common for that to happen when the clutch basket gets groves worn in it.
10/26/2014 8:12pm
I would pull the pipe and check the piston and cylinder for and scoring. If all looks well I'd check the compression. If that's good then I would put a new plug in it and try to fire it up. Kinda sounds like a foul'd plug to me.
Sounds like your jetting is off which is a big thing on a 125. They like to sing and if you are not riding them on the pipe plugs will foul.
When pushing a bike cold in gear with the clutch pulled in you should expect some drag. That's just the way they are. I'm not going to say that your basket is in perfect condition and doesn't deserved to be checked but that's how they are normally when cold.
Paw Paw 271
10/27/2014 6:23am
Ok lets explore something here. You stated you mixed "regular oil" in your fuel mix while have been running HR1 synthetic oil, right?
You do realize that the mixing of the synthetic fuel oil mix with regular oil in the fuel mix creates a glue under pressure and heat, right?
There are a lot of synthetic fuel oils that will mix with regular oils, but the HR1 is not one of them.
I suggest the top end has seized due to the mixing of these two different fuel mixes. You should find that the rings are stuck in the piston and the piston may also be scored. This mixing can also cause the glue to form in the crank and caused damage there as well.
This glue will be black in color and very sticky.
It's time for a tear down to inspect the damages.

Paw Paw
10/27/2014 7:02am
Ok lets explore something here. You stated you mixed "regular oil" in your fuel mix while have been running HR1 synthetic oil, right? You do realize...
Ok lets explore something here. You stated you mixed "regular oil" in your fuel mix while have been running HR1 synthetic oil, right?
You do realize that the mixing of the synthetic fuel oil mix with regular oil in the fuel mix creates a glue under pressure and heat, right?
There are a lot of synthetic fuel oils that will mix with regular oils, but the HR1 is not one of them.
I suggest the top end has seized due to the mixing of these two different fuel mixes. You should find that the rings are stuck in the piston and the piston may also be scored. This mixing can also cause the glue to form in the crank and caused damage there as well.
This glue will be black in color and very sticky.
It's time for a tear down to inspect the damages.

Paw Paw
i think he was saying regular fuel not oil.

but thatnks for that info explains why i lost a top end once mixing bel ray with castor927 in a bit of deperation.

luckily it happened in a wide sweeping turn and not on a jump face.

Post a reply to: My new ride seemed to sieze up! Please Help.

The Latest