My first build, finished...

MOTO120
4/20/2014 7:06pm
More detailed pics please :-)!!! Looks awesome.... Love the looks of that ignition cover!
Mtek
4/20/2014 7:22pm
MOTO120 wrote:
More detailed pics please :-)!!! Looks awesome.... Love the looks of that ignition cover!
Thanks bud, ignition cover was etched and then I just applied SC1. I have a spare valve cover so I may etch it to match, I'm not sure about the red. My fav mod is the RE caliper I had milled down, so no brand name.

I just went out and snapped a couple closer pics. Thanks again.

JBernard_401
4/20/2014 7:34pm
nice A kit gear!
the front caliper interest me. is that just a stock cast one with the face machined and all the casting texture polished off?

The Shop

Mtek
4/20/2014 7:38pm
nice A kit gear! the front caliper interest me. is that just a stock cast one with the face machined and all the casting texture polished...
nice A kit gear!
the front caliper interest me. is that just a stock cast one with the face machined and all the casting texture polished off?
No, it a ride engineering brake...I milled the name off as they are not paying me and I think it looks even more trick that way. It's a nice piece, and I weighed it against the stock cast caliper (1/4 lb weight savings). Only thing is, if you get one, they fed locktited the caliper pin in place and I spent hours removing it so I could put e Ti unit in there.
JBernard_401
4/20/2014 10:46pm
nice A kit gear! the front caliper interest me. is that just a stock cast one with the face machined and all the casting texture polished...
nice A kit gear!
Mtek wrote:
No, it a ride engineering brake...I milled the name off as they are not paying me and I think it looks even more trick that way...
No, it a ride engineering brake...I milled the name off as they are not paying me and I think it looks even more trick that way. It's a nice piece, and I weighed it against the stock cast caliper (1/4 lb weight savings). Only thing is, if you get one, they fed locktited the caliper pin in place and I spent hours removing it so I could put e Ti unit in there.
cool. wouldnt have guessed that! crazy its a 1/4# weight savings, thats surprising.
i'm going to retrofit a brembo caliper to my Akit forks on the 500AF i'm doing.
i know the Ride Eng is better than a stock nissin and the like, but wonder how it stacks up against the brembo?
Mtek
4/20/2014 11:10pm
nice A kit gear!
Mtek wrote:
No, it a ride engineering brake...I milled the name off as they are not paying me and I think it looks even more trick that way...
cool. wouldnt have guessed that! crazy its a 1/4# weight savings, thats surprising. i'm going to retrofit a brembo caliper to my Akit forks on the...
cool. wouldnt have guessed that! crazy its a 1/4# weight savings, thats surprising.
i'm going to retrofit a brembo caliper to my Akit forks on the 500AF i'm doing.
i know the Ride Eng is better than a stock nissin and the like, but wonder how it stacks up against the brembo?
I have a 12 ktm 300 too, the RE caliper is just as good IMO. I am using it in conjunction with a 270mm disk though too...the Katoom is stock. All scales are a bit diff, but here ya go...this is with the steel slide pin still in place before I replaced with a DLC coated Ti piece. Right under a lb.

Mtek
4/21/2014 12:08am
Wow.. she is a beauty. What does the bike weigh?

mike
Thanks, I had it under 230, before the stompgrip cover...didn't weigh it but it's heavy with the rubber sides. Every bolt is Ti, every washer aluminum. Oh, I did use 5 m6 aluminum bolts for the fuel pump on under the tank, had too as the powder coating added weight up hi and I wanted to do what I could to counter it (OCD issues). I never weighed it stock, but I would say I reduced it by 20 lbs.
MOTO120
4/21/2014 3:26am
When you're ready to get rid of that thing, I know a guy with a CR 250 who wants to trade with ya ;-). Awesome awesome bike man!

Post a reply to: My first build, finished...

The Latest