My first build, finished...

Mtek
Edited Date/Time 4/21/2014 3:26am
I just finished my first build, it may not be all that, but I learned so much about my bike...it was fun. I've never torn into a bike before, having patience, the right tools, and a manual made it easy. I am really proud of it. This forum and this area have given me a lot of info, and I'm glad I'm a member. I am going to put more pics in bike check section, but here is a list and one pic along with the inspiration of the graphics...

Mettec full Monty Ti kit, axles, internals.
Showa A kit, forks hard chromed Rear w/RCS Ti spring
Xtrigs with PDS
Raptor pegs
Did ltx rims, pirelli 32s
Decalwerks graphics
Stompgrip seat
Think seat foam and bar pad
Moto tessanari
Etched stator cover, etched and pc red valve cover
PC gas tank (white)
Akro Ti exhaust
Twin air power flow
Hinson cover and billet basket
Hammerhead shifter/brake/blocks/case saver
Cv4 hoses/cap
Sunline sprocket with RK chain
Tcr magnesium ano billet hubs
RE front brake caliper, milled down, with a crf only super lite brake line
Arc mnemlon lever set and adjuster (zook ratio)
Yosh treated tranny
Various carbon guards

|
MOTO120
4/20/2014 7:06pm
More detailed pics please :-)!!! Looks awesome.... Love the looks of that ignition cover!
Mtek
4/20/2014 7:22pm
MOTO120 wrote:
More detailed pics please :-)!!! Looks awesome.... Love the looks of that ignition cover!
Thanks bud, ignition cover was etched and then I just applied SC1. I have a spare valve cover so I may etch it to match, I'm not sure about the red. My fav mod is the RE caliper I had milled down, so no brand name.

I just went out and snapped a couple closer pics. Thanks again.

JBernard_401
4/20/2014 7:34pm
nice A kit gear!
the front caliper interest me. is that just a stock cast one with the face machined and all the casting texture polished off?

The Shop

Mtek
4/20/2014 7:38pm
nice A kit gear! the front caliper interest me. is that just a stock cast one with the face machined and all the casting texture polished...
nice A kit gear!
the front caliper interest me. is that just a stock cast one with the face machined and all the casting texture polished off?
No, it a ride engineering brake...I milled the name off as they are not paying me and I think it looks even more trick that way. It's a nice piece, and I weighed it against the stock cast caliper (1/4 lb weight savings). Only thing is, if you get one, they fed locktited the caliper pin in place and I spent hours removing it so I could put e Ti unit in there.
JBernard_401
4/20/2014 10:46pm
nice A kit gear! the front caliper interest me. is that just a stock cast one with the face machined and all the casting texture polished...
nice A kit gear!
Mtek wrote:
No, it a ride engineering brake...I milled the name off as they are not paying me and I think it looks even more trick that way...
No, it a ride engineering brake...I milled the name off as they are not paying me and I think it looks even more trick that way. It's a nice piece, and I weighed it against the stock cast caliper (1/4 lb weight savings). Only thing is, if you get one, they fed locktited the caliper pin in place and I spent hours removing it so I could put e Ti unit in there.
cool. wouldnt have guessed that! crazy its a 1/4# weight savings, thats surprising.
i'm going to retrofit a brembo caliper to my Akit forks on the 500AF i'm doing.
i know the Ride Eng is better than a stock nissin and the like, but wonder how it stacks up against the brembo?
Mtek
4/20/2014 11:10pm
nice A kit gear!
Mtek wrote:
No, it a ride engineering brake...I milled the name off as they are not paying me and I think it looks even more trick that way...
cool. wouldnt have guessed that! crazy its a 1/4# weight savings, thats surprising. i'm going to retrofit a brembo caliper to my Akit forks on the...
cool. wouldnt have guessed that! crazy its a 1/4# weight savings, thats surprising.
i'm going to retrofit a brembo caliper to my Akit forks on the 500AF i'm doing.
i know the Ride Eng is better than a stock nissin and the like, but wonder how it stacks up against the brembo?
I have a 12 ktm 300 too, the RE caliper is just as good IMO. I am using it in conjunction with a 270mm disk though too...the Katoom is stock. All scales are a bit diff, but here ya go...this is with the steel slide pin still in place before I replaced with a DLC coated Ti piece. Right under a lb.

Mtek
4/21/2014 12:08am
Wow.. she is a beauty. What does the bike weigh?

mike
Thanks, I had it under 230, before the stompgrip cover...didn't weigh it but it's heavy with the rubber sides. Every bolt is Ti, every washer aluminum. Oh, I did use 5 m6 aluminum bolts for the fuel pump on under the tank, had too as the powder coating added weight up hi and I wanted to do what I could to counter it (OCD issues). I never weighed it stock, but I would say I reduced it by 20 lbs.
MOTO120
4/21/2014 3:26am
When you're ready to get rid of that thing, I know a guy with a CR 250 who wants to trade with ya ;-). Awesome awesome bike man!

Post a reply to: My first build, finished...

The Latest