Lucas oil two stroke pre-mix?

CamP
10/17/2012 9:51pm
I run it in all my 2-strokes. It's good oil.

Just don't mix it at some crazy high ratio. It's a light viscosity injector compatible oil, so I run it at 28:1 in my 250's.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
10/17/2012 10:27pm
CamP wrote:
I run it in all my 2-strokes. It's good oil. Just don't mix it at some crazy high ratio. It's a light viscosity injector compatible oil...
I run it in all my 2-strokes. It's good oil.

Just don't mix it at some crazy high ratio. It's a light viscosity injector compatible oil, so I run it at 28:1 in my 250's.
I kind of thought that it might be good oil. Surely, there are more people with experiences?
newmann
10/18/2012 7:53am
Question I have would be, is there any bad 2 stroke oil? I would run anything I could get my hands on in my old Yamaha GT80 back in elementary school. It never died. Had a good bit of carbon buildup though!Laughing

Seriously, I have a friend that is a big vintage air cooled Penton guru and he swears by Stihl 50:1 full synthetic. Stihl even doubles the warranty on their saws if you run it. When was the last time you saw a dead Stihl chainsaw?

Arkmx
10/18/2012 11:54am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2012 11:55am
kzizok wrote:
Just curious, does anyone have any experience(good or bad) with the Lucas two stroke oil? They sponsor a lot of MX stuff so I have been...
Just curious, does anyone have any experience(good or bad) with the Lucas two stroke oil? They sponsor a lot of MX stuff so I have been curious about their quality.

We have used the Semi Synthetic Two Stoke Premix and other Lucas Oil Products during the past 8 years on our Two Strokes and and the motor oils in the Four Strokes and have not had one oil related mechanical failure during this time. I would run a full season of race & practice time on our 85 with the same top end! And it runs just great. Our last KTM 50 (2006) did a season and a half on the original top end!

Our KX 125 now has almost 30 hours on it (hour meter) since I rebuilt the motor on it (i will be doing a top end on it this November, we have three more races scheduled till then) I will post photos of the piston etc., when I am through. I also send the top end parts to Lucas so they can inspect them and use them for sales, research etc. I bought the KX 125 used, so I rebuilt the motor for insurance in August 2011. Been going ever since....

I would not put my boys on the track if I did not think the bikes would hold up motor or otherwise.

I run all our Two Strokes at a 32:1 premix ratio. The bottle says you can run up to 50:1, but I like the 32:1 ratio with Race Gas or a mixture of Race & Pump gas 50/50 (depending on the motor work) on our race bikes. Just make sure you jet accordingly for whatever ratio you use. Our YZ 125 gets 100% race fuel (has motor work). The KX 125 & YZ 250 get a 50/50 mix (no motor work).

Hope this helps you out and answers some questions you may have.

If you have any other questions, just ask! I will do my best to answer them and if I don't know the answer I can find out with an email or call to Lucas.

The Shop

kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
10/18/2012 7:16pm
Ark mx, that was the info I was looking for. I started using it in our 105's and YZ 125 and wondered about experience(s) with it on a more long term basis. I originally bought it when I was in a pinch and needed something just to get me through a day. Plus, you can get it at places other than a motorcycle shop who are closed on Sunday's. Thanks again to all that replied.
Arkmx
10/19/2012 8:09am
kzizok wrote:
Ark mx, that was the info I was looking for. I started using it in our 105's and YZ 125 and wondered about experience(s) with it...
Ark mx, that was the info I was looking for. I started using it in our 105's and YZ 125 and wondered about experience(s) with it on a more long term basis. I originally bought it when I was in a pinch and needed something just to get me through a day. Plus, you can get it at places other than a motorcycle shop who are closed on Sunday's. Thanks again to all that replied.

Your welcome!

1/15/2015 12:13pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2015 12:21pm
kzizok wrote:
Ark mx, that was the info I was looking for. I started using it in our 105's and YZ 125 and wondered about experience(s) with it...
Arkmx wrote:

Your welcome!

Arkmx
1/16/2015 6:27am
kzizok wrote:
Arkmx wrote:

Your welcome!

CBailey306 wrote:

We run it 100% all the time! Break in to tear down for the next top end.

Cheers!

reded
1/16/2015 10:28am
newmann wrote:
Question I have would be, is there any bad 2 stroke oil? I would run anything I could get my hands on in my old Yamaha...
Question I have would be, is there any bad 2 stroke oil? I would run anything I could get my hands on in my old Yamaha GT80 back in elementary school. It never died. Had a good bit of carbon buildup though!Laughing

Seriously, I have a friend that is a big vintage air cooled Penton guru and he swears by Stihl 50:1 full synthetic. Stihl even doubles the warranty on their saws if you run it. When was the last time you saw a dead Stihl chainsaw?

I've ran it in a pinch and not had any trouble. I don't get too brand crazy with 2 stroke oils as I've not a seen an oil related failure in the last 20 years.
YZ125H1
2/11/2016 2:38pm
Anyone ever mix this oil with another premix? I have some castor based premix oils laying around wanted to add some for extra protection.
tyler285
2/11/2016 5:50pm
I used it in all of our two srokes at 32:1 and ran well over 200 hours on a stock bottom end, and they were rode very heard lol. it has been the best 2 stroke oil I have ever used.
2/11/2016 11:58pm
YZ125H1 wrote:
Anyone ever mix this oil with another premix? I have some castor based premix oils laying around wanted to add some for extra protection.
Mixing premixes is not recommendable. You may be mixing counteracting additives together or any number of other bad outcomes. I'm also not sure how adding another oil would offer "extra protection". The best case scenario you could end up with is that you'll have half the protection both oils would offer if used normally.
Jakes Dad
2/12/2016 3:24am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2016 3:25am
Low flash burns dry, never had any residue in the bottom of crank when doing teardowns. Plus was only getting 12 to 15 hrs on 125 cranks. But bikes never ran crisper or cleaner.
2/12/2016 9:54am
newmann wrote:
Question I have would be, is there any bad 2 stroke oil? I would run anything I could get my hands on in my old Yamaha...

I use this all the time. Good stuff. I also use a generic, non synthetic oil I get from a local gas station that is the best smelling non-beanoil oil I've ever smelled. It is also very clean burning, and nearly smokeless. Wish I knew the name of it.
adam8781
2/12/2016 9:28pm
lucas works great, Im still huge fan of amsoil, can find dominator anywhere and its a very very good oil
BobPA
2/12/2016 9:48pm
adam8781 wrote:
lucas works great, Im still huge fan of amsoil, can find dominator anywhere and its a very very good oil
If you are going to store your bike for an extended period (say over the winter) Dominator is not a good choice. But other than that it is a fantastic oil.
2/14/2016 8:58am
Good oil. Buy it on amazon for 6 quarts 45 bucks and free shipping. O'Reillys getting a little pricey on it. Its 9.99 a quart at the store.
Mungusman
2/14/2016 9:16am
YZ125H1 wrote:
Don't mix castor with other oils, a friend of mine found out the hard way. Ooooopss there goes my motor

Post a reply to: Lucas oil two stroke pre-mix?

The Latest