Looking for 2007 rm250 right engine case

Mx150
Edited Date/Time 5/29/2016 9:46pm
Recently got this bike with a fresh bottom and top end, rode it twice and the second time got a chip out of the right side of the engine case. Bummer. Anyone have just the right side for a 2 stroke? I only see where you have to purchase new ones in a set. Thanks!

|
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
5/26/2016 3:31pm
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe all cases are matched to one another as a pair which is why they're sold that way.
Markopolo400
5/26/2016 5:13pm
Yeah if they are sold as a set you should buy a set (Honda's are available separately). Check eBay.
racinstation
Fantasy
1912th
5/27/2016 2:43pm
I would only buy them as a set. Honda sells separate and they work fine when doing one or the other. The other brands machine the as a set. Not saying you will, but chances for trouble with just one side are high. Transmission shafts, crank, and shift pins need to travel in a straight line to work correctly. I good machine shop could weld and resurface that damage that you have, but may charge as much as you will find a good used set for.
Mx150
5/27/2016 5:12pm
I would only buy them as a set. Honda sells separate and they work fine when doing one or the other. The other brands machine the...
I would only buy them as a set. Honda sells separate and they work fine when doing one or the other. The other brands machine the as a set. Not saying you will, but chances for trouble with just one side are high. Transmission shafts, crank, and shift pins need to travel in a straight line to work correctly. I good machine shop could weld and resurface that damage that you have, but may charge as much as you will find a good used set for.
Thanks for all the info guys!

My dad was saying something about maybe having someone heli-arc it while the motor is still on the bike, that possible?

The Shop

DPR250R
5/28/2016 7:57am Edited Date/Time 5/28/2016 7:58am
If you are comfortable splitting cases... Split em... Strip the parts... Clean that case real good...bake it... Get oil the oil out of the pores...

Then have it welded.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
5/29/2016 4:06pm
DPR250R wrote:
If you are comfortable splitting cases... Split em... Strip the parts... Clean that case real good...bake it... Get oil the oil out of the pores... Then...
If you are comfortable splitting cases... Split em... Strip the parts... Clean that case real good...bake it... Get oil the oil out of the pores...

Then have it welded.
This is what I did with my 05 RM. If you are cozy with getting in there and welding, do it your self. If not have someone else do it or buy a set. I have heard a few stories about missed matched cases and made me decided to not go that route.
Mx150
5/29/2016 7:51pm
DPR250R wrote:
If you are comfortable splitting cases... Split em... Strip the parts... Clean that case real good...bake it... Get oil the oil out of the pores... Then...

Then have it welded.
imoto34 wrote:
This is what I did with my 05 RM. If you are cozy with getting in there and welding, do it your self. If not have...
This is what I did with my 05 RM. If you are cozy with getting in there and welding, do it your self. If not have someone else do it or buy a set. I have heard a few stories about missed matched cases and made me decided to not go that route.
Thanks for all the info guys. Unfortunately I don't have the funds or tools for the job, so I will have to let it go. Second bike in two years with nothing but bad luck.. Maybe it's a sign to hang up the boots after 15 years of riding and 5 or so off... Bummer
JWACK
5/29/2016 9:46pm
Don't get rid of it!! Park it till you can fix it. Try to invest in a tool or two a month to do the job yourself. You don't need much. Your In to deep to quit now.

Post a reply to: Looking for 2007 rm250 right engine case

The Latest