Injectioneering - Wade Wilcox HELP!!!!

colson973
1/6/2015 10:30am Edited Date/Time 3/26/2016 5:34am
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how to get ahold of Wade at Injectioneering. I sent him my 450 throttle body at the end of November. He called me when he got it and went over the repairs and mods. Called back December 9th with the throttle body done, I gave him my card info and haven't heard a thing for over a month!! I now have my throttle body and my fiancés throttle body stuck at his place with no way of contact. I've paid for my throttle body and he told me it was shipping back on December 9th. Nothing since! I've called multiple times a day, left messages, texts, and emails.

My next step is claiming fraud on the card and calling the police down in Torrance and reporting it as a theft.

Anyone have this issue or advice let me know.

Thanks!
|
nytsmaC
1/6/2015 10:38am
Start taking the steps. Do a search and you'll see that you are not the first. Sorry to have to inform you of this.
colson973
1/6/2015 10:42am
anyone have any luck getting stuff back?
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
1/6/2015 12:50pm
Oh man, not this again. What does he do? Sell them off on the side?

The Shop

1/6/2015 1:37pm
ive heard of nothing but problems with this dude, how is he still in business?
j368
1/6/2015 6:09pm
MXA did a story on a bike recently and talked about this mod with contact info etc. Jody surely has heard of problems with this guy too. Hope it works out well for you.
SLO1667
1/6/2015 6:40pm
That sux...he sounds as shady as Dan from THINK!
nytsmaC
1/6/2015 7:14pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2015 7:16pm
Where do you live? I'd be buying a plane ticket and paying him a visit.

How many people do you suppose he's done this to and gotten away with it? Obviously he's a shitbag and nothing is stopping him from continuing these practices. Go correct the situation, get what is owed to you and make him think twice about doing this again.

Sounds like there have been no repercussions for him so far.
1/6/2015 9:26pm
What a fucking piece of shit. Shame on mxa for drumming up business for that sorry bastard.
mxb2
1/7/2015 11:35am
SLO1667 wrote:
That sux...he sounds as shady as Dan from THINK!
Lol, whats dans story?
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
1/7/2015 1:59pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2015 2:03pm
I've never done business with the guy at Injectioneering..... But I'll give him a shot to the nuts if I ever see him. Then while he's rithing on the ground in pain asking 'why?!' I'll go......

Seems he's got quite the scam going on. Here's my question though. What does he do with the scammed throttle bodies? Someone should send one in with a tracking chip and see where it ends up. My guess is an eBay page, or he tells customers with bad/damages throttle bodies he has good used ones for sale. Or he's uses them as cores to have modded ones ready to ship.....
reded
1/7/2015 2:52pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I've never done business with the guy at Injectioneering..... But I'll give him a shot to the nuts if I ever see him. Then while he's...
I've never done business with the guy at Injectioneering..... But I'll give him a shot to the nuts if I ever see him. Then while he's rithing on the ground in pain asking 'why?!' I'll go......

Seems he's got quite the scam going on. Here's my question though. What does he do with the scammed throttle bodies? Someone should send one in with a tracking chip and see where it ends up. My guess is an eBay page, or he tells customers with bad/damages throttle bodies he has good used ones for sale. Or he's uses them as cores to have modded ones ready to ship.....
Or he fucks up a few during his process and makes sure that the locals who have a sure shot at stomping his nuts get their TB back, on time. Meanwhile, ol boy a thousand miles away gets a $600 lesson and never trusts anyone again, even the good guys.
colson973
1/8/2015 1:55pm
UPDATE for everyone. I sent a friend I know in CA into the shop to get the scoop and he said Wade immediately turned white in the face and got nervous. Between stumbling over his words and not having his story straight he tried to tell my buddy he had my 250f throttle body right there at the shop and the 450 throttle body was shipped back on Dec. 9th but he couldnt get a tracking number. After endless calls and a few stern emails threatening legal action to my surprise I got my (or someone's) 450 throttle body in UPS today!. It was shipped on January 6th UPS 2nd day air!

Still haven't heard a word back from Mr. Wilcox so we will see if I ever see the 250f throttle body. I'm sending my buddy back in there next week to pick up the 250 throttle body in person if I don't hear from him.
1/8/2015 2:01pm
Well done! I hope no one else gets screwed by this dick, and I think the mags promoting him ought to help get the word out about his antics. The mx community doesn't need shit like this.
tomm55x
1/8/2015 3:25pm
Man this whole story is messed up, I would be so pissed off also, it's a shame a guy would do that to good paying customers. Hope you get the rest of your stuff back, somebody needs to shut this guy's illegitimate business down.
1/8/2015 6:15pm
colson973 wrote:
UPDATE for everyone. I sent a friend I know in CA into the shop to get the scoop and he said Wade immediately turned white in...
UPDATE for everyone. I sent a friend I know in CA into the shop to get the scoop and he said Wade immediately turned white in the face and got nervous. Between stumbling over his words and not having his story straight he tried to tell my buddy he had my 250f throttle body right there at the shop and the 450 throttle body was shipped back on Dec. 9th but he couldnt get a tracking number. After endless calls and a few stern emails threatening legal action to my surprise I got my (or someone's) 450 throttle body in UPS today!. It was shipped on January 6th UPS 2nd day air!

Still haven't heard a word back from Mr. Wilcox so we will see if I ever see the 250f throttle body. I'm sending my buddy back in there next week to pick up the 250 throttle body in person if I don't hear from him.
That's a good friend. One day, Mr. Wilcox will be somewhere, minding his own business, when one of his "customers" just happens to run upon him.
1/8/2015 10:41pm
I had heard this story before and was leeriy of using him. I gave it a shot and he was very responsive and called me back each step of the process. I had great, quick service. He seemed very careful about doing this. I wonder what is going on if he goes from one extreme to another.
mkessler17
1/27/2015 4:16pm
Well, I am another victim! Sent my 2013 CRF 450 Throttle body back in the begining December. Got a call from Wade a couple of days later saying the modification were complete. Gave him my credit card info and he said he was sending it right out. I have not heard of him since. Called and emailed repeatedly, no luck. Googled him today and found all these other horror stories. Unbelievable. And the magazines promote this piece of shit!

Going after him through my credit card company and I will report him to BBB, though it won't do any good. Oh, and all my FB MX forums will be getting this info!

Stay away from Wade and Injectioneering!

Kraig Kessler
New Market, MD

colson973
1/29/2015 10:08am
Update#2

I have now gotten both my throttle bodies back from Wade. No idea why there is such a gap communication but he did get back to me and shipped the 250 throttle body when he said he was.

Another note: I tried the throttle body out on my fiancés 2013 CRF250R and all I can say is WOW! Its a shame he is so hard to work with because what every black magic he uses is incredible. Night and day improvement on that bike! We will see how my 450 works in a month or so.
colson973
1/29/2015 10:12am
mkessler17 wrote:
Well, I am another victim! Sent my 2013 CRF 450 Throttle body back in the begining December. Got a call from Wade a couple of days...
Well, I am another victim! Sent my 2013 CRF 450 Throttle body back in the begining December. Got a call from Wade a couple of days later saying the modification were complete. Gave him my credit card info and he said he was sending it right out. I have not heard of him since. Called and emailed repeatedly, no luck. Googled him today and found all these other horror stories. Unbelievable. And the magazines promote this piece of shit!

Going after him through my credit card company and I will report him to BBB, though it won't do any good. Oh, and all my FB MX forums will be getting this info!

Stay away from Wade and Injectioneering!

Kraig Kessler
New Market, MD

I sent my throttle body from my 2013 CRF450 at the exact same time. Not sure why yours didn't get done with mine. Good luck with it.... FYI the number on his website is his cell number so feel free to bombard him lol. He has replied to my texts now that I have everything back.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
1/30/2015 12:49pm
That sucks to hear, I've had nothing but good experiences with Wade.
Jrewing
1/30/2015 3:07pm
Same here from Aus. Heard nothing then it turned up all done. Worked so much better and he followed up to see how it went. Answered a bunch of stuff.
mxb2
1/30/2015 5:06pm
Well either he does not care about his business reputation or these horror stories are lies, lol.
1/30/2015 9:56pm
The results that I noticed with the injectioneering mod was that it pulled from a slightly lower rpm and with a little more spunk off idle and did it very smoothly.. smoother than stock. I wouldn't call it night and day, but noticeable.

mike
FGR01
Fantasy
1334th
1/31/2015 8:14pm
The results that I noticed with the injectioneering mod was that it pulled from a slightly lower rpm and with a little more spunk off idle...
The results that I noticed with the injectioneering mod was that it pulled from a slightly lower rpm and with a little more spunk off idle and did it very smoothly.. smoother than stock. I wouldn't call it night and day, but noticeable.

mike
Did it cure your flame out probs or are you still dealing with that?

1/31/2015 8:28pm
The results that I noticed with the injectioneering mod was that it pulled from a slightly lower rpm and with a little more spunk off idle...

mike
FGR01 wrote:

It did nothing for the flame out. My flame outs are not as frequent now but still happen occasionally. What helped the most was the VP T4 race fuel, the heat shield on the bottom of the fuel tank also helped a little, and I must never let the idle setting go below 2000k (it changes accidently when you pull the choke knob). I also believe that more hours on the engine also helped quite a bit.. at less than 10 hours on the engine, she was finicky. One more thing that helped is I don't shut down as much in the corners.. in other words I got a little faster in the corners Smile .

I feel I didn't directly address what was causing the flame outs, but what I did do influenced the symptoms and reduced them notably. I believe that the guy who claims it is the decompression mechanism that is causing the flame outs is probably right, but I haven't done his recommended spring mod. I may do this winter.

mike
The Rock
3/25/2016 3:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2016 3:48pm
ML512 wrote:
That sucks to hear, I've had nothing but good experiences with Wade.
What a shock Michael Lindsey from Vital MX. Can't understand why you would receive good service.

I just on a whim googled Wades name and found this thread. Somethings never change

To Everyone else the reason why he stays in business is because you suckers keep sending him stuff. The BS goes on year after year but people keep sending product some get burned some get product back. Those of you that don't deserve not to based on the history of this operation but yet you still sent the TB in.

Good luck seeing him if you stop by since normally he's hiding behind his closed door to avoid his irate customers
The Rock
3/25/2016 3:45pm

mike
FGR01 wrote:

It did nothing for the flame out. My flame outs are not as frequent now but still happen occasionally. What helped the most was the VP...
It did nothing for the flame out. My flame outs are not as frequent now but still happen occasionally. What helped the most was the VP T4 race fuel, the heat shield on the bottom of the fuel tank also helped a little, and I must never let the idle setting go below 2000k (it changes accidently when you pull the choke knob). I also believe that more hours on the engine also helped quite a bit.. at less than 10 hours on the engine, she was finicky. One more thing that helped is I don't shut down as much in the corners.. in other words I got a little faster in the corners Smile .

I feel I didn't directly address what was causing the flame outs, but what I did do influenced the symptoms and reduced them notably. I believe that the guy who claims it is the decompression mechanism that is causing the flame outs is probably right, but I haven't done his recommended spring mod. I may do this winter.

mike
If it didn't cure the flame out my guess is you didn't get the complete service you paid for or that one sensor isn't calibrated properly on the TB.

The mod works if the work is done properly.

I unfortunately put Wade Wilcox into business and got screwed over for it. It's a shame because the guy is a wizard at fuel injection but an absolute nightmare to work with especially if you trust
3/25/2016 3:54pm
It is clear you have an axe to grind. Some may have had issues, but I had none. What the mod did that was useful was help the engine pull lower and smother off the bottom. That's it but I feel it was worth it.

Post a reply to: Injectioneering - Wade Wilcox HELP!!!!

The Latest