HP2 synthetic premix alternative?

thormx11
Edited Date/Time 7/7/2014 9:50am
I normally run the Honda HP2 synthetic premix in my 02 cr250, but have ran out today. Of course the dealer is closed today, and we are leaving first thing in the morning to go ride again. Ive got about 2 gallons of mixed gas left. Is there any other type of oils I can mix with my HP2 premix gas? I know it has to be synthetic.

Walmart has some outboard premix synthetic oils, would it be ok to mix a couple gallons of the outboard premix gas and a couple gallons of the HP2 premix gas?
|
CamP
7/4/2014 4:40pm
Go to a O'reilly parts store and get a quart of Lucas 2-stroke oil.
thormx11
7/4/2014 5:06pm
That's what I finally did. But the Lucas they had is a high performance semi synthetic premix. Can I mix that with my full synthetic hp2 or should I drain my can?
Mr Bean
7/4/2014 6:12pm
Oil threads... there are easier ways to start wars...

My input (and I really don't want a bunch of flaming here 'cause I'm not telling anyone what to do) -

Personal experience: we've mixed all sorts of two-stroke oils through the years when the situation required it to be able to ride. I've never had a single problem from it (I'm sure a petrochem PhD is gonna rail me but you can't argue my experiences; they are what they are).

Logic: you have petroleum, semi-synthetic and synthetic base premix oils. Semisyn is derived from mixing (blending) nonsyn with syn, right? So, where's the problem mixing them after they've been mixed with gas?

Just some thoughts...

The Shop

CamP
7/4/2014 7:16pm
thormx11 wrote:
That's what I finally did. But the Lucas they had is a high performance semi synthetic premix. Can I mix that with my full synthetic hp2...
That's what I finally did. But the Lucas they had is a high performance semi synthetic premix. Can I mix that with my full synthetic hp2 or should I drain my can?
It will mix fine.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
7/5/2014 7:16am
Just so you know......yamalube and HP2 are the exact same oil with a different dye. If you can easily get yamalube, it is the same thing.
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
7/5/2014 6:26pm
AFAIK, the ole "never mix different 2-stroke oils" proverb is a hold over from the days of old when certain types of castor oil would not blend well with petroleum based oils.

As stated above, synthetic blends are already a mix of syn and petro and Castor 927 and Klotz castor are already a blend of castor and syn.

All being said, I would avoid mixing castor oils with others but have never seen any probs mixing syn's and syn blends together.

Post a reply to: HP2 synthetic premix alternative?

The Latest