FORK UPGRADES

Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
12/17/2014 3:11pm
SKF seals are the best out there (Race Tech uses them too).

Until you get it apart it's difficult to ascertain what other parts like bushings that might need to be replaced.

lexo21
12/17/2014 5:01pm
SKF seals are the best out there (Race Tech uses them too). Until you get it apart it's difficult to ascertain what other parts like bushings...

Until you get it apart it's difficult to ascertain what other parts like bushings that might need to be replaced.

SKF seals look good. about to order some thx. just finish ordering all the tools i need to do the job..... do you have fork air bleeders? im thinking of getting the ones on link above....
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3801st
12/17/2014 6:59pm
SKF seals are the best out there (Race Tech uses them too). Until you get it apart it's difficult to ascertain what other parts like bushings...

If it's an 08 and he hasn't had any work done besides just the basic fork seals whenever they leak, he will need new bushings at least.

The Shop

tomm55x
12/17/2014 7:02pm
lexo21 wrote:
anyone used those motion pro micro fork bleeder? https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/images/prod/400/m/mot_12_mic_for_ble-1359950003.jpg and also thinking of either going race tech seals or OEM. should i purchase just seals or...
anyone used those motion pro micro fork bleeder?

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/images/prod/400/m/mot_12_mic_for_ble…

and also thinking of either going race tech seals or OEM. should i purchase just seals or change everything out with a kit? thanks
I had the micro-bleeders on my 09 yz 450f, the are great, easy to bleed air out and are really low profile, also I would get the complete bushing kit for your forks, they more than likely are worn if they never have been changed out, if u don't and there wore out u will blow another seal fairly fast and have to do it again regardless.
Bressler11
12/18/2014 5:48pm
lexo21 wrote:
anyone used those motion pro micro fork bleeder? https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/images/prod/400/m/mot_12_mic_for_ble-1359950003.jpg and also thinking of either going race tech seals or OEM. should i purchase just seals or...
anyone used those motion pro micro fork bleeder?

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/images/prod/400/m/mot_12_mic_for_ble…

and also thinking of either going race tech seals or OEM. should i purchase just seals or change everything out with a kit? thanks
I have them on my 2012 kx450f No Issues Here
Skerby
12/18/2014 6:11pm
I would steer clear of the micro bleeders if I were you. I've tried a few and they always end up leaking fork oil when I bleed them, my fork oil has always been really dirty as well (leak issues).

it's pretty easy to just bleed them with a flat head anyhow.
12/19/2014 10:35am
Skerby wrote:
I would steer clear of the micro bleeders if I were you. I've tried a few and they always end up leaking fork oil when I...
I would steer clear of the micro bleeders if I were you. I've tried a few and they always end up leaking fork oil when I bleed them, my fork oil has always been really dirty as well (leak issues).

it's pretty easy to just bleed them with a flat head anyhow.
I had the same issue with the tusk fork bleeders, just didint seem like it was working properly. I switched back to the regular screw pretty quickly
lexo21
12/19/2014 4:13pm
looks like we got a lot of mixed emotions for them micro fork bleeders...... i agree with the fellas that said to get full seals and bushing kit. odering some skf
think im going to try them bleeders they are only like $15 anyways....
got all my tools order and just waiting for everything to get in then teardown begins.....

Post a reply to: FORK UPGRADES

The Latest